Pageviews l

Sunday 2 August 2020

Hello August!

Happy Sunday to all! A rainy day for us, we haven't had many of those lately. A good day to bathe the pooches. Once again, Russell did a wonderful job. Cooper & Spicy are smelling and looking very delicious! Also a good day to watch the safe return of the Space X Crew Dragon. Splashdown occurred at 2:48 pm and I watched it all. I just love that stuff!

We had a good last week of July. On Wednesday, I had another hair cut, three weeks after my last one. I decided to go back to shorter hair. My hair grows so darn fast, I couldn't stand it. Russell called it....he knows me so well, he just knew that I wouldn't handle longer hair for long. Russell also had a pedicure to finish off the month. His last one was in February so he was due. He has the nicest feet, truly!

Our VegTrug is done for the season. By mid-July, I had used up almost all the herbs that I planted. I tried to find new plants but there were none to be found. Since we will have to move the Trug when we get our awning, I decided to let it go, dry out the soil so we can move it later on. We found another spot for it, below the deck, close enough to the kitchen.

Our pooches are doing well. I did some fun training with them this week. Today, I continued to practice the "jumping through my arms" with Cooper.  I decided to change my strategy......he is learning to jump through my arms while I'm sitting on the floor, close to a wall. The progression will be jumping through my arms while standing up. We're getting there and we are in no rush.

This new month is going to be the busiest in terms of appointments since the start of the pandemic. On Wednesday, Cooper & Spicy will have a follow up echocardiogram. It's been just a little over a year since they were both diagnosed with Mitral Valve Disease.  The follow up echo will determine the status of the disease, whether it has progressed, stabilized or slowed down. We are praying for good results. They both show no signs of slowing down, that's for sure.

Next week, both Russell and I will have our physical, including routine blood work. We are due and we know it will be done in a very safe environment. We also have a dental hygiene appointment in the next two weeks. We debated about putting it off, not exactly something that we look forward to during these pandemic times. A good friend of ours, who is also a physician, suggested that perhaps it would be wise to keep the appointments in the event dentists return to emergency procedures only should we get a second wave. We thought it was good advice so we're going ahead with it. Once we get those medical appointments out of the way, we will finish off the month on a high note....our 38th wedding anniversary. It's all good.

Those are my little news. I leave you with a few random photos, the main photo being the wonderful water colour of Coop & Spicy that Russell gave me for my birthday. We had it framed and it is now hanging in our bedroom. Sweet dreams to us! Have a great week everyone and stay well and safe!


Spicy and Cooper watercolour, framed and hung in our
bedroom...now they watch over us.

Cooper loves the grass between his toes.

Spicy, the Diva...you going to carry me or what?!

Ahh...the table, what is for dinner?

The snooze patrol below the table on deck.

A common garden spider spun its magical web.











No comments:

Post a Comment