Pageviews l

Sunday 30 August 2020

Thirty Eight years, still going strong

Happy Sunday to all! A beautiful sunny day, a bit windy, which makes our 22 degree celsius feel a tad cooler. We can handle that. We're outside, enjoying every bit of what is left of Summer....so not ready to let it go yet. I am wearing my Uggs as my feet are feeling a bit cold but that's OK.

This last week was good although it feels like a blur. I do recall though that we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary on Friday. We had a wonderful day. We had lunch at a great restaurant in Pointe-Claire Village, Le Gourmand. We ate on the patio and the food was delicious, paired with a couple of glasses of bubbly. When we got home, our pooches continued the celebration with us by showering us with kisses. We sat on the deck and thought back about our wedding day. We remember every detail, as if it was yesterday. We specifically remember spending our wedding night at Le Chateau Mirabel, north of Montreal. We flew to Montreal for our wedding as we were living in Edmonton then so it made sense to spend a few nights "up North" before flying back to Edmonton. OK, back to the honeymoon night at the hotel....a great bottle of champagne was sent to our room, courtesy of Jim Holle, Russell's former Director of Sales. What else do I remember from that night?  Oh yes, it was pre-season NFL....the Raiders and the Rams were playing. Russell can't remember who won the game that night.....wink wink!

Back to last week. My good friend and former co-worker, Anne Bergen, was able to get some Havanese fabric and made me wonderful Havanese masks. They are so beautifully made and I wear them with pride. Anne is very talented and is more than happy to do her part in keeping her friends and family safe.  I had a few extras made for my Havanese friends. It gave me an opportunity to meet up with Wanda and Lillian. They got their masks and we got to chat for a bit. It was a nice reunion.

Russell is doing good, always. He got himself a griddle for his Weber Kettle Barbecue...today he seasoned it so it's now ready for "smashed burgers". This coming week, leading to Labour Day Weekend, will be a week of fun eating. Love it!

Tomorrow, I will meet up with my sister and brother at the Pointe-Claire waterfront park. We will have a nice socially distanced picnic lunch. It will be good to get together.

That's my blog for today, the last one of August. I wish everyone a great week. Stay well and stay safe.

Cooper and Spicy relaxing on the deck after a
romp in the yard.

A nice close up of Spicy, deep in thoughts

Cooper also deep in thoughts, when is my next meal?

Happy 38th Anniversary!

Cooper & Spicy approved my new Havanese pattern mask
Thanks Anne Bergen.
The new griddle for the Weber arrived...
pristine and not seasoned.

The Weber griddle 'seasoned' and ready
for non stick smash burgers.




No comments:

Post a Comment