Pageviews l

Sunday 5 July 2020

Two more sleeps

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all had a nice Canada Day. Ours was good and the weather was hot hot hot! We had wings on the barbecue, cooked on the Weber Kettle using a Vortex as a means to redirect the heat up and around the wings. They were the best homemade wings ever! Crispy and golden, yummy! It was a nice treat, paired with potato skins and, for good measure, celery and carrot sticks with homemade blue cheese dipping sauce. All and all, it was a great celebration.

We had a good week and the weather was quite nice. We enjoyed some wonderful walks with Cooper & Spicy. Lately, we've been walking along the waterfront in Pointe-Claire. It's nice and cool for the dogs, especially in hot weather, and the scenery is quite pleasant.

Two more sleeps...I wish I could say before a trip somewhere but it's the countdown to my hair cut on Tuesday, 9 am, first appointment of the day. It's been a long time coming. Four months since the last cut. It will not be a luxury believe me. I am so ready for a good trim. Washing my hair has become quite the daily process...it takes longer to dry, I've been using three brushes in the hopes that one might work better than the other, I've been experimenting with different products that I have in the house. So, it's high time but I get that it's a small problem to have during these difficult times.

On Thursday, I met up with Lillian at Le Marche de l'Ouest. The indoor part of the market now has tables so we sat for a bit, probably 1.5 meters apart but we both wore a mask. It was nice to catch up. A hug would have been nice, especially since it was her birthday on Saturday. I then bought strawberries...bought way too many. I somehow miscalculated how much I got. When I got home, I gave them a bath of water/vinegar then stored them in the fridge. Friday, I made a nice strawberry crisp, which used up about 7 cups of berries. Another yummy treat!

Our pooches are doing wonderful and have no clue that there is a pandemic going on. Saturday, I washed their soothing beds. We got those beds about one year ago and I have washed them many times. Each time, I am amazed at how well they wash, how quickly they dry and, most importantly, the quality is the same as day one. They love those beds, especially Spicy. She likes everything that is fluffy.

I continue to do some form of training/fun activities with them almost on a daily basis. Today, I set up a course outside for Cooper. We practiced some of the things we learned at class last year. Also on the menu today was one of the enrichment activities that our friend Wanda gave us....hiding tiny treats in an egg carton. Cooper literally shredded the whole carton. That was the idea!

So, another COVID-19 week is behind us. At times, life almost seems normal but we know it is not. This darn virus is still with us. So we keep doing what we've been doing for the past four months. We chill, enjoy life and also reflect on what is truly important in life.

That's my blog for today, I wish you all a great week, another hot one on the horizon. Stay safe, stay well.


Cooper and Spicy, on Canada Day, 
by Lake St. Louis at the park.

Some days are a little breezy contributing to bad hair days.

Cooper enjoys running his course in the
backyard...he is always keen to work.

Spicy did her best to model a cap...a little
too large for her.

Cooper told us he wants a MAGA cap....
maybe...NOT!

Spicy and Cooper enjoy their soothing beds fresh from the
washer/dryer - as fluffy and soothing as day one after
many washes.

Our astilbes in full bloom in the front flower bed.

Spicy was keen to 'egg' Cooper on, in his
quest to shred the carton and get the treat.







No comments:

Post a Comment