Pageviews l

Sunday 12 July 2020

The Beast

Happy Sunday to all! How wonderful to finally be able to sit outside in a comfortable 28 celsius, 67% humidity weather. I must admit that the past two days have been terribly hot and humid, even for me, who normally doesn't mind the heat. On Friday, we reached a whopping 94 F, 109 feel. That was a hot day!

This past week was good and it started on the right foot....or rather wheels. On Monday, we drove both our cars to the Hyundai Dealership and picked up a brand new Palisade. This pandemic has given us time to rethink a few things....one of them is that we realized that we didn't need two vehicles. So, we felt the time was right to trade in our two cars and get a new SUV. We call it the Beast as it looks like one but it drives like a dream. Quiet, smooth and powerful. We debated whether we should get a SUV again or a smaller car.....we opted for the SUV in the off chance that we will be travelling again one day and will need space for our luggage. One can always hope. We are very happy with our decision.

On Tuesday, I had my first hair cut since March 17. It felt good and I am happy with the cut. As much as I was thinking of growing my hair, I decided to go short again, but not as short as in the past. I had a photo on my phone to show my hairdresser what I wanted. He made it happen. I felt safe and all was good. The only small issue was that I got a lot of hair clippings in my eyes and couldn't use my hands to make them go away....as I would have done in a pre-COVID life. So I blinked and blinked and endured a bit of eye irritation. When I got home, I had a thorough shower and all was good again.

We had another close encounter with the sunk on Wednesday morning, when we took the dogs out around 7 am. This time the skunk was outside our fence, clearly trying to get back to its den. We each picked up a dog and went back in the house until the skunk left. That night, as Russell had Cooper out for his last business, he spotted two baby skunks, in our backyard, along the fence. Cooper was on leash but was getting excited so in the house he went. Russell stayed out to watch those two little gremlins, he thought they were so cute....although they could have sprayed. No other sightings since, fingers crossed but we are ever so watchful!

Our pooches had a quiet week, a few mid-morning walks, that's all we could handle. We had some fun in the basement to make up for the lack of walks. We also spent a lot of time doing not much. Russell had a few nice afternoon naps while I binged on a few episodes of Suits on Netflix, with the doggies. I must say I hadn't watched any episodes since May but it was fun to catch up. I actually enjoy this series, it's light yet intriguing and it's getting better and better. I'm now at Season 2, episode 7. 

Russell gave both pooches a bath today, with all the "trimmings". He must have been a groomer in a prior life. I feel so blessed and Russell does it with such passion and love. Cooper & Spicy are very grateful.

That's my blog for today. Have a wonderful week. Stay well and safe.


The Beast...not the 45 Beast but our Hyundai...
with all the trimmings...next one is electric.

Daisies never disappoint in the backyard flower bed.

A random Spicy moment at the dinner table.

Cooper is the best TV time
snooze buddy ever!

Mom, do we have to workout again...!?





1 comment:

  1. After 30+ years of being a two car family,we moved to one car about three years ago...never looked back! Minor inconveniences here and there, but overall a great decision for us.

    ReplyDelete