Pageviews l

Sunday 14 June 2020

Sunny days ahead

Happy Sunday everyone! A nice and sunny day, and more sunny and warm days in the forecast for the whole week. Gotta love those forecasts!

All is good with us. We had a great week despite the unseasonably cool weather. Thursday was particularly windy and we lost power for almost 4 hours. We had some good walks with the doggies. We had planned on going for a picnic but the weather was a bit unpredictable so we will have our picnic this week instead. Just something different to do plus I love picnics!

Cooper and Spicy also had a fruitful week. They took part in some enrichment activities, courtesy of our good friend and dog trainer Wanda. She wrote a very good article on how to enrich a dog's life, be it through tricks or games, and gave me some fun ideas to play with. I also used our cones to practice "figure eights" as well as crawls. Both, when done properly, will help strengthen the hind and front limbs, core and is an excellent focus exercise. What can I say, I love doing this for our pooches and they enjoy it. It is always done in a fun way, no stress, and with total supervision.

As planned, I used up a lot of my cilantro. I made pesto, a vinaigrette and a marinade for chicken. Later this week, I may buy more plants which should last for the rest of the season. We'll see what this week brings.

I've been reading a lot of books lately. You could say that I'm binge reading. I discovered a few new authors through BookBub, a book discovery service recommended by my friend Lise, also an avid reader.  I'm hooked now on Robert Bailey, great stories. I haven't watched much Netflix lately, saving that for a rainy day.

Russell is doing good. Tomorrow he will be getting the antibody test for COVID-19. Late December, we both came down with the flu, in a very bad way, Russell worse than me. Despite two courses of antibiotics, Russell didn't start feeling better until early March, respiratory issues being the culprit. His doctor is now thinking that it is likely that he had COVID-19 back then. As such, he gave him a requisition for the test. The results are apparently 97% accurate and we should have them in about one week. It will be interesting to find out. Not that it will make much difference to our lives now but nonetheless. Good information to have down the road.

That's my blog for today.  Have a great week everyone. Stay well, stay safe. Ca va bien aller.


Spicy and Cooper in the 'ready box'...
set to start the fun enrichment exercises.

Cooper doing the crawl under the bar...

Cooper is focused on the treat and making it
under the bar without knocking it down
 while keeping him bum down.

Spicy did her shimmy under the bar!

The yin and yang pose of Cooper and Spicy....BFFs!

Look up...look way up....to the Treat
cupboard!

Free CBD gummies for anyone
who can identify this plant growing
on our property!


1 comment:

  1. Anne I truly enjoy your stories & photos.
    I hope that Russell’s anti body test discloses
    helpful information.

    ReplyDelete