Pageviews l

Sunday 26 January 2020

So long January!

Happy Sunday everyone! Wow, I can't believe that this is the last week of January. Because we were under the weather for a good part of the month,  it seemed like it would never end...and here we are,  January is almost behind us. That's a good thing, I do not like January.

All is good with us. Russell went back to the gym last week. He had some gentle workouts with his trainer. He is still a bit winded when he exerts himself too much but that will go away soon. On Friday, I completed my third full week at my new fitness studio. I truly enjoy it and I feel like I'm back on track as far as my fitness goes. My bicep is still giving me some grief but I'm learning to live with it and work around it. It is what it is. I can think of worse things to have to live with.

Last week, we both had a pedicure. It felt good to have our feet pampered. We also did some purging in the basement. It was one of those days where I had so much energy that I decided to do some cleaning. Purging is my specialty!

Our pooches are doing good. We had a few good walks with them. We've been going to the park in Pointe-Claire since we don't have that much snow. It's totally walkable, unlike this time last year.  It's a nice place to go and the scenery is nice. On that note, we woke up Thursday to a beautiful sky. It's so incredible to be able to see that kind of light early in the morning.

Not much else is going on with us. Now that January is almost behind us, we will start the countdown to our trip to Barbados in April. It may seem far away but it's not. Until then, we will have a few celebrations:  Russell's 65th birthday and Valentines Day in February. Two fun events to look forward to.

I had lunch with my sister and brother today. It was good to catch up, just the three of us. We talked about our daily lives but also reminisced about our parents. It will be two years on Wednesday that Dad passed away. He's always in our hearts.

Tomorrow is a big day for our Fun Obedience instructor. She will be having a total knee replacement surgery. We wish her all the best for a speedy recovery.

That's my blog for today. Have a great week everyone, I will write again in February.



Sky ablaze in January beaming in on our kitchen.

Cooper and Spicy waiting for daddy to come home

Spicy likes her comfort and blankets...here she has nested and
buried herself in blanket, a new nightly ritual it seems

Cooper in full on run mode in the backyard...he loves
new snow.

Spicy was not going to be outdone by Cooper....she is in full
gallop...she actually gets airborne.

Cooper and Spicy navigate one of the many paths I have
created in the backyard.















1 comment: