Pageviews l

Sunday 12 January 2020

Another slow week

Hello everyone! I hope your week was a good one.  Ours was rather slow again. It seems that this flu that we had just wants to linger so it was a mixed bag kind of a week.

We did manage to get a few walks in. Cooper and I also resumed our Fun Obedience Class. It was good to see our friends again. I also went to the gym three times. It was not easy but I listened to my body and didn't over do it. I quite enjoy this new fitness studio that I joined. It is rather quaint and the classes are small. Two of my three classes only had 6 people in it. I think what I like the most is that it is literally a 3 minute drive from our house! Russell also went to the gym but skipped Friday. He wasn't feeling well enough. He's had a bigger set back than I have but seems better today. He will see his doctor this week just to be on the safe side.

Our weather has been a real roller coaster. Yesterday, we had so much rain, all day. We also had a freezing rain warning for the evening but we got lucky and only had snow pellets instead. I was awake last night worrying about all the ice that we would have to deal with this morning, so it was a nice surprise to wake up to a coat of white powdery snow pellets. This storm was predicted to be worse than the 1998 ice storm.....it didn't materialize that way for us, where we live anyway. And we are grateful.

This is a short blog. We really haven't been doing much other than chill and watch some mindless TV, in between napping and having some play sessions with the pooches. I suspect this coming week will be more of the same. That's OK. Rest is good, we have to take care of ourselves.

I leave you with two photos of the pooches: one of them cuddling on the couch. They follow our lead. If we cuddle, they cuddle. The other photo is of them waiting for their 3 pm afternoon treat. Whether we're under the weather or not, they expect their treat.... and guess what? They get it and it makes us feel good to give it to them. Coop & Spicy are the best medicine anyone could ask for!

Have a great week everyone!


Two BFF snuggle buddies....they are so smart, they
mirror the circumstances of their humans.

Some say patience is a virtue, Spicy and Cooper test that
saying whenever they can and guess what...they win!







1 comment: