Pageviews l

Sunday 1 December 2019

Welcome December

Happy Sunday to all! First day of December, crazy isn't it? It doesn't quite feel like Winter yet. It is colder but no snow in the forecast for quite some time it seems. Will it be a white Christmas? I'm betting yes.  We are still going to the park for walks and our pooches haven't had to wear their booties yet. Although they don't mind them, they do prefer to walk bare paws, given a choice.

Last week was good and a bit busy. On Monday, Spicy and I joined five other dogs at a dog therapy visit at John Abbott College. We had a great time and saw over 150 students. All were so grateful to be able to spend time with the pooches and forget about their exams. It is truly a great program and we enjoy it very much. Coop and I had fun at class on Tuesday. We have two more classes this year, then we break for Christmas. The rest of the week was spent doing our normal stuff, including a physio treatment for my arm and some routine blood work for Russell.

On Friday, we put up our Christmas decorations and our two trees. We have one in the basement, a simple one with just lights and some decorative mesh thrown in. The doggies Christmas stockings will be under that tree. The other one is in our living room. It has a "family/doggie" corner, just for our special ornaments. Cooper and Spicy seems to enjoy looking at it.

I got a little head start on my baking today. I made date balls, no baking required. So, maybe I didn't really bake? I also cooked a batch of my Delicata Squash....I discovered that squash a few months ago and I'm totally addicted to it. It is no longer available in stores or special markets.....but there is one place that still sells it.....and I bought 20 pounds of it last week. It sounds like a lot, well it is. It's about 18 squashes in total. Those little gems are taking up precious space in our fridge but so worth it.

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. Let the Christmas preparations begin!



Santa has landed on his perch.

Cooper and Spicy always need to investigate
and sniff things...even Santa got the treatment.

Cooper and Spicy approve...Santa passed the sniff test.

The Christmas tree in our living room...the family/doggie
section of ornaments continues to grow each year!

Winter morning skies can be very special...this morning
the sky was on fire as seen from our kitchen.








No comments:

Post a Comment