Pageviews l

Sunday 27 October 2019

Happy Birthday Spicy!

Happy Sunday everyone! A truly soggy day, nothing but rain since this morning. Not the prettiest day to celebrate our little girl's 9th birthday but she brings so much sunshine into our lives that we don't need the sun.

Spicy has had a good day so far. She wasn't happy about going outside this morning due to the rain so it was a quick trip out and back in. Whenever the rain lights up, we take her out. Cooper doesn't mind the rain, he's always ready to go out and chase the squirrels, rabbits or cats. After a quiet morning for the pooches, we took them downstairs and had a play session. I did a bit of training with both...I got them to jump through hoops. They also worked the maze that I set up a few weeks ago. It is set up in such a way that they can get in and out of it in different ways. Just something fun to do on a rainy. Spicy got a special treat at 3 pm...the appointed treat time in this house. A piece of dehydrated chicken.  Cooper got one also....it is a birthday party after all!

All is good with us. The past week was quiet, not much happened. We had some nice weather and got a bit more yard work done. Yesterday afternoon, we sat outside until dinner time with the patio heater on. It was nice to enjoy the outdoors and take in the colours. It's been a beautiful Fall so far.

Russell is doing good. He submitted a few photos to the Lakeshore Camera Club for a landscape competition. He enjoys taking photos of the outdoors and sometimes the best shots are right in our backyard.

I went to the gym three times last week. My workouts are good but I'm limited as to what I can do given this bicep tendinosis that I'm dealing with. I continue to see the physiotherapist every week and I have daily exercises to do. My progress is slow but it's there.

Tomorrow, Spicy and I will be visiting the students at John Abbott College. The two of us and a few other teams from the Caring Paw Therapy Dog program will be on site to give the students much needed love and support before year end exams. We always enjoy those visits.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few photos from the birthday girl, taken yesterday on a sunny day, and a couple of Fall pics taken from our property.

Happy Birthday sweet Spicy! We love you with all our hearts! Have a great week everyone!


Spicy loves her birthday cake...it is lip smacking good!

Spicy enjoys sharing her cake with her best pal Cooper.

Spicy and I sharing some snuggle time, on her special day and
actually, everyday!

Brilliant Fall colour off our back deck.

The hydrangea (Limelight) in full colour in our front
flower bed.

Cooper smiling for his photo.

Paws up for treats....yum!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Spicy and Cooper sure looked like they enjoyed Spice's birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete