Pageviews l

Sunday 20 October 2019

A nice Autumn day


Happy Sunday everyone! What a beautiful day we're having. We're sitting on the deck now, with the patio heater on just to take the chill away.

This past week was good and quiet. We didn't do much outside our normal routine. We had some nice walks with the pooches and enjoyed the Fall colours. On Thursday, we had quite the rain storm that left us without power for 15 hours, from early morning until late night. Montreal got a lot of rain. Luckily, we have a back up sump pump which is battery powered otherwise our basement would have flooded. Many of our neighbours basements flooded as a result of the rain storm. Not fun.

We are slowly getting ready for the next season. Today, we got most of our yard work done. I cut back all the perennials, we raked the front and back lawns and put away our garden ornaments. Next on the agenda is to rearrange the garage so that I can fit my car in. That won't take long, we'll do it next weekend. Following that, we will put away our deck umbrellas and cover our chairs but we have time for that. Who knows, we may still get a few warms deck days. I hope so!

Russell got his snow tires installed last week, another good job done. This year, the deadline in Quebec for installing Winter tires has been moved to December 1 from December 15. He also had to get a new muffler. My tires are "all weather" so no need to change for Winter.

We still reminisce about our Scotland/Ireland trip. What great memories we have from our travels. I started writing some thoughts about our train experience. I will do a special blog in a week or two. It will be my way to forever capture those moments.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a few pics taken in our backyard this past week and a couple of Cooper & Spicy.

Before wishing you all a great week, I say to all my fellow Canadians: tomorrow is a big day for our country. Get out there and vote!


This little guy was looking for a spot to hide his stash..please,
not in our Fall planter on the back deck.

Some unfinished business,  an apple on the apple tree in
our backyard...the squirrels have had a feast this year.

Fall colour seen right on the back deck...perfect!

The sunrise this morning....sky on fire!

We learned a new maze routine this week...so much fun!

Perfect company for my shower...these two
are never far apart or far away from us.

1 comment: