Pageviews l

Sunday 13 October 2019

Glorious Thanksgiving Weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What a glorious few days we've had, leading up to this long weekend. Perfect Fall weather!

We are sitting outside now, enjoying the weather and feeling a little full from lunch. We had my brother, sister and our two nephews over for brunch. It was a lovely get together and everyone had a great time. Cooper & Spicy were gracious hosts as always.

This past week was a good one. We thoroughly enjoyed the weather and made the most of it. I had planned on doing some yard work but decided to do it some other time. I quite enjoyed spending some time on the deck, reading my book. Not too many of those days left.

On Monday, Spicy and I resumed our visits to The Wellesley. It was nice to go back after taking a few months off. We saw some familiar faces and some new ones. On Tuesday, the Coop and I had our weekly training. It was fun as always. We must practice the "chin rest" exercise though....tomorrow, I promise. Oh, and yesterday was Blu-Belle's 6th birthday, our training buddy! Happy Birthday sweetie!

Given the beautiful weather, we decided to go apple picking on Wednesday. We went to Havelock, about one hour's drive from where we live, in the Eastern Townships. Thanks to my friend Eveline for recommending the place. It was lovely. We brought our lunch and had a nice picnic in the orchards. We brought home two big bags of freshly picked apples. Coop & Spicy quite enjoyed meeting the welcoming committee, the three resident goats. It truly was a fun outing.

On Thursday, I went back to the gym. I had planned on going Wednesday but apple picking took precedent. It was good to workout again and all my gym buddies were there, as well as coach Pam. I am still quite limited as to what I can do due to my bicep injury but my buddies and coach keep me motivated. It's all good. I saw the physiotherapist twice and I diligently do my daily exercises to help with the healing process.

Last night, we had our turkey dinner. I got a BIG turkey, 23 pounds, just for the two of us....actually for the four of us. Russell said it was the best turkey ever, incredibly moist, and it only took 4.30 hours to cook. No need to over cook a turkey. Today, I shredded some white meat for the doggies and filled up two Ziplock bags. I rinsed the meat under cold water to remove any possible salt and voila....a nice little add-on to their kibbles. Russell and I have enough leftovers to last for a few days, not too worry. I will also make soup with the carcass. Yum and Yummer!

For all of this, we say thanks. Russell and I are grateful to have each other and our two beautiful pooches, they bring so much to our lives. Life doesn't have to be complicated as long as we are healthy. Another reason to say thanks. I am also aware that some people spend this day alone for whatever reason and many suffer from a recent loss. Holidays are not alway easy. I sincerely hope that this day is a good one no matter how you celebrate. With much love, Russell, Cooper, Spicy and Anne.


Spicy and Cooper...wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving!

Cooper & Spicy are ready for the turkey feast...when when?

Counter 'surfing' Havanese style...Spicy
says to Cooper, if only we were taller...smells
so good!

Me with Cooper and Spicy in the apple orchard in
Havelock.

Fall colours at almost peak in Havelock at the orchard.

Apple trees and Fall colours...the best views.

The 'welcoming committee' at the orchard... Spicy and
Cooper were intrigued.

Apples don't get any fresher and the taste is awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment