Pageviews l

Sunday 1 September 2019

Hello September!

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful first day of September, sunny and quite warm. When I look back at the past few months, I think we had a pretty good Summer.  It was a quiet one for us, our choice, and our weather has been wonderful. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back, not plan and enjoy.  I read quite a few books and I enjoyed every one of them. I don't remember the last time I read so much. I have a bag full of books so lots more reading for the coming months! And yes, I went back to paper books. For a while, I was reading books on my iPad but no more. I like the feel of paper. That's just me.

This past week was good. We've been gearing up for our trip. After my friend Eve left on Monday, I brought up the suitcases from the basement and set them up in the guest room. A good start I think. I haven't done anything else since but tomorrow I will start figuring out what clothes to bring. The weather in both Scotland and Ireland has been quite nice lately, very similar to here, although we should expect more rain. We are getting really excited.

Yesterday, I did a lot of yard work....cut back some branches, weeded and closed the VegTrug, something I wanted to do before our trip. It was time.

This coming week will be busy with the last few trips to the gym, hair cuts for both of us, pedicure and eyebrow shaping for me and baths for the doggies. On Wednesday night, I have a very important event to attend....it is registration night for the 2019-2020 year of doggie training. I will register for Advanced Fun Obedience. It is a "first come first served" type of registration so I will get there extra early to make sure Cooper & I get the class we want. Because of our trip, we will miss the first three classes but we will catch up no problem when we return. We look forward to another fun year of training. I hear that our other two Havanese friends, Macey and Blu-Belle, will also register for the same class. Wanda will once again be our trainer. It doesn't get any better than this! Cooper, are you ready ready?

Today, we had lunch at my brother's place. My sister and our nephews were there, and we brought along Cooper & Spicy. Where we go, they go.  Frank made his famous "pork shashlik", replicating a recipe from a restaurant that we used to go to with my parents when we were kids. It was called Quidi Vidi, in Ste-Adele. As a matter of fact, the first time I went there, I was in my mother's womb. Yep, I do remember that day! It was a nice get together.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with a couple of pics of Eve and I and a few that I took of Cooper & Spicy while walking them last week. Russell was having a facial that day.

Have a great week everyone and enjoy your Labour Day Weekend!


Me and Eve enjoying time together, a very nice
few days with a dear friend. We go back a long way!

Cooper and Spicy insist on being in all photos...
no exceptions.

Cooper loves a fresh pair of socks...
thanks Eve! 

Two snuggle bugs on the bed ready to sleep. That was last night.

Time at the park on our daily walk....we love it.

Can these two pose or what? 

Cooper is such a gentleman with his Spicy girl.

VegTrug....closed for the season...Cooper approved.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the shashlik from Quidi Vidi very well! Has your brother Frank been able to replicate the marinade? Would love to get the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the recipe as well! I've heard great things about the shashlik from a friend who ate there as a kid.

    ReplyDelete