Pageviews l

Sunday 23 June 2019

St-Jean Baptiste Holiday Weekend

Happy Sunday everyone! A beautiful day for anyone celebrating the national holiday of La Belle Province. It is hot, sunny and breezy. It is rather quiet in our neighbourhood though, I guess some celebrations will take place tomorrow. We went to the park for a nice walk after lunch and it was packed with families having a picnic by the water. Practically everyone wanted to say "hi" to the Coop & Spicy. They always make people smile. A young woman asked her husband to take a picture of her and our doggies. How sweet!

This past week was good and busy. On Tuesday, Cooper's soothing bed was delivered. He likes it but not as much as Spicy. That's OK. By the way, those beds wash really well. I was concerned that they would rip apart in the washing machine and dryer, but they came out good as new. On Thursday, I had my physical. I quite liked my new female doctor. The appointment lasted 1.30 hour, very thorough exam. I had an ECG (normal) and blood work done. I should get the blood results on Tuesday. All things being equal, I'm in good health.

On Thursday afternoon, I went to the Marche de l'Ouest to buy some ribs for the weekend. I met up with my friend Lillian for coffee (sometimes last minute plans are the best) and we went to Dollarama to buy more orange cones for our doggies. I know have 46 cones. The course for Level 2 training is set up. Thanks to Russell for setting it up, as I was challenged by the design! I spent a bit of time with Cooper, walking him through the maze. For this particular level, I can only handle one dog at a time. This level will be more challenging but we will nail it, of that I have no doubt.

We are now getting really excited about our trip to Scotland/Ireland in September. Today, our good Irish friend Pat sent us a proposed itinerary for both Cork and Dublin. It looks amazing! Thanks a bunch Pat!

Our VegTrug is doing incredibly well. The coriander is growing like weeds. I used up quite a bit yesterday for a citrus marinade that I made for chicken. Our lettuce is also in full "bloom" and delicious. Our strawberry plant is doing well and we pick fresh strawberries every day. I have a separate planter for basil, not enough room in the trug.

Last night, Russell smoked some ribs on the Big Green Egg. They were the best ever, cooked "low and slow". Tonight is a lighter meal, chicken kebabs and a tomato/feta salad with orzo. Yummy!

Those are my little news for today. I leave you with some random shots of Cooper & Spicy. You will notice Spicy on "her" chair...not kidding. When it's just the two of us, I bring out three cushions, the third one for Miss Spicy. She is a diva, what can I say. It's hard to believe that she's been living with us for two full years now, what a wonderful addition to our family! Tomorrow is a holiday, nothing is opened in Quebec. We may hear fireworks tomorrow night, or maybe even tonight. Have a great week everyone, another long weekend coming up!


The strawberry plant in full sun, produces some awesome
berries, the birds have even tasted and they approve!


The VegTrug in full season on the back deck...
lots of fresh greens.

Matching soothing beds for Cooper and Spicy...it is a
dogs life!

....ah, that smile Ms Spicy!

Cooper loves a good chew and the back
deck is the perfect spot.

Spicy and Cooper in position to sniff the
aromas coming from the Big Green Egg
smoker...baby back ribs...yum.
Spicy at her command post...she sees all....this is her chair!

Level two, pylon challenge set up and ready for training...
no short cuts allowed!

1 comment:

  1. Excited to hear and see Cooper master this maze.

    ReplyDelete