Pageviews l

Sunday 16 June 2019

Happy Fathers' Day!

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! What a beautiful day to celebrate Fathers' Day. Russell and I miss our dads, especially on this day, but they are always with us in our hearts.

Today, we had my brother, sister and nephews over for lunch. It was a nice family gathering. It was good to be able to eat outside and take in the sun and warmth. Cooper and Spicy were gracious hosts as always and enjoyed being on the deck, smelling the hot dogs that their daddy cooked on the barbecue.

This past week was good. Our weather cooperated for the most part, with some good amount of sun and some gentle rain. Our garden, flower beds and grass are thriving. It took a while to get to this point but we have arrived.....when I look at last year's garden photos, I can see how behind we are in terms of blooming, but we are quickly catching up.

Yesterday was a rainy day. I looked at our pooches lazing around on the couch so I decided it was time to teach them something new. Russell sent me a link a while back with new training challenges for the dogs, involving going through mazes, etc. So, we tackled Level 1 with flying colours. I had an incredible amount of fun doing it, so did Cooper and Spicy. On the next rainy day, we will work on Level 2.

Russell is doing well. His new knee is performing at it should, however, with a new knee often comes a new gait so it is causing some issues with his left foot. He consulted a podiatrist and he has capsulitis of the second toe, a condition where the ball of the foot beneath the toe joint takes an excessive amount of weight bearing pressure. He had a laser treatment on Friday and is wearing a special tape around his toes. So far so good and hopefully the inflammation will go away.

This coming week is a bit busy, with some appointments here and there. I also have my physical on Thursday with a new female doctor.

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week!

A lazy rainy day for Spicy and Cooper...time for some
new training challenges!

The challenge, manoeuvre the pylons without
jumping over them.

Mission accomplished, these two are very
quick learners!

Francois looking good in a panama hat on the back deck,
for BBQ lunch, on a nice sunny Sunday with family.

Sean and James enjoy the day.  Good chat and laughs were
had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment