Pageviews l

Sunday 30 June 2019

Canada Day Weekend

Hello everyone and Happy Canada Day! It's been a beautiful weekend so far, with some rain this morning, but the sun is out now. A beauty of a week on the way, feels like Summer is finally here to stay.

All is good with us. I find it hard to believe that tomorrow is the 1st of July. As much as we're looking forward to our trip in September, I really want the next two months to go by slowly. Summer is so short, we want to take it slow and enjoy each day.

Last week, I had my first physio treatment for an ache I've had in my left thigh. My issue seems to be a form of hip impingement, nothing too serious but I've had this for two months now so I thought it was time to look into it. The treatment really helped and I religiously do my four recommended exercises/stretches each day, well almost each day. I will have another treatment on Tuesday and maybe one more after that. I still go to the gym but there are a few things I can't do. The joy of getting older!

Our pooches are doing well. We've been taking them to the park for our daily walks, not as hot as the pavement and a nicer scenery.  Each time we go, we meet people who are in awe with Cooper & Spicy. They want to say "hi", they want to pet them, it's really funny to watch. People of all ages too. On Friday, we had an impromptu dog therapy visit with a group of seniors having a picnic. We spent some time with them and made them smile.

One morning last week, Russell finally caught the hummingbird at the feeder. He had his camera ready. What a beauty!

Our next door neighbour listed her house two weeks ago and it sold in three days. She came over last Sunday to let us know. Her husband passed away last December. The house is old and has never been renovated so we thought for sure it would be a "knock down" but it looks like it won't. The new owners will most likely renovate. Time will tell.  Our doggies will miss Mimi, she is a lovely lady.

Not much else is going on with us. This coming week is, again, filled with afternoon appointments. One of them is for Russell, he is getting a Spa Pedicure. Good for him!

I hope you all have a wonderful Canada Day and have a chance to celebrate this great country we live in. Have a great week everyone!


Spicy and Cooper taking a break lakeside while on our
walk in Park Alexandre-Bourgeau.

The dynamic duo hot on the trail of a cat just beyond the
fence in the backyard...the cat loves to tease.

Ms. Spicy always has a smile.

Cooper is enjoying his soothing bed more and more...
it is a great spot to have a chew!

Ruby throated humming bird at the back-deck feeder.

Front yard cranesbill geranium coming along nicely.

Backyard peony...bright red. Here today...
gone tomorrow.

White peony...so lovely and delicate.






No comments:

Post a Comment