Pageviews l

Sunday 13 August 2017

Fall Mums anyone?

Happy Sunday to all! We are enjoying a beautiful Summer day, nice and warm, with more of that weather this week.  We truly have to enjoy it while we can.  This morning, after I came back from visiting my dad, I stopped at Provigo on the way home....and was reminded that Fall is around the corner....sure enough, the Fall Mums were out. I couldn't believe it although it was expected....same time last year.  I like Mums but way too soon to buy them....in my book, they truly represent Fall and Thanksgiving season. I will buy some after our trip to Iceland.

All is good with us except that we both caught a truly bad Summer cold.  Mine started last Thursday and lasted until yesterday. I had to cancel two gym classes as a result...that says a lot about how I was feeling. As for Russell, who rarely catches what I get, well he got it.  He also cancelled his gym training tomorrow.  Not sure how I got this cold in the first place but I suspect from the germs that linger in the air at the rehab center. I guess no amount of hand washing will make someone immune from getting a cold.

On the topic of rehab, it looks like my mom may be coming home on the 19th. Fingers crossed.  We will know more tomorrow or Tuesday. My dad is anxiously waiting her return.  My mom will have been away for two months by the end of this week, including time at the hospital with the surgery. A long time for sure.

Our countdown to our trip has started.  This trip will not be a "beach vacation" so we need to pack very differently, for cooler and potentially wet weather.  We're getting excited. The countdown has also started for our friend's wedding.  As the best man, Russell is working on his speech. Some good stuff to look forward to in four weeks time.  Oh, and our doggies are looking forward to going to Talemaker Camp!

We had the pleasure of having Lillian and Blu-Belle (BB) over last week for an afternoon playdate. Spicy got to meet BB for the first time. The doggies had fun although they didn't play that much. Instead they thought it was better to sit on the deck with the humans. Whatever works for them works for us. It was nice to get together.

That's it for my blog today. This afternoon, we went for a nice walk in Pointe-Claire, by the waterfront. I leave you with a few pics that we took. The rest of the day will be spent relaxing. We are barbecuing swordfish tonight. It will be delicious. Have a great week everyone!


Time to relax on the park lawn with Cooper and Spicy in
Alexandre-Bourgeau Park.

Spicy says all this walking has me tired, my tongue
is hanging out - how about you Coop?

Cooper and Spicy watching the boats launch and the
Husky take a swim below on the loading ramp. They are pretty excited and wiggly!

Spicy, Blu-Bell and Cooper line up in a rare moment
of stillness for a photo op.

Cooper says, so Spicy, this is how we pose for photos...
do it right and treats follow! Lots of seasonal poses coming up my friend!

Fall Mums have arrived...can never start
the season too early!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Spicy, Blu-Bell and Cooper. Looks like your weather was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Mums Are Looking Pretty Good From Here...!! Love Those Pics...Well, Their Just Awesome...!! Cooper And Spicy Look Amazingly Delicious...So Keep-Em Coming 'cause They're Great For Moral Uplifters...!! Josée XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mums yet here. Is it like Christmas? It gets earlier each year? Cooper and Spicy really compliment each other. They truly look close these days - nice!

    ReplyDelete