Pageviews l

Sunday 14 May 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

I would like to wish all mothers a truly Happy Mother's Day! I hope this day is special in every way. I wish the same to all the pet moms out there! I don't have children but I am proud to be Cooper's human mom.  So this day is my day too! A loving wish goes to Russell's mom who is watching us from heaven.  Yesterday, we brought her flowers. It was nice. I can't forget my mom. We had her and dad over for lunch and it was lovely.  Precious moments that we will cherish forever.

So, here we are, half way through the month of May. Weather wise, it doesn't feel like it although the forecast for this week is looking very exciting.  This past week was a rough one for the thousands of people affected by the Quebec floods.  The water levels might be receding but the damage has already been done and it will take a long time to rebuild. It is very sad.

Despite the weather, we went to a garden centre last week and bought some perennials.  The weather will be warm this week so I'm hoping to get some planting done. We are way behind, as are most people. It hasn't been the best Spring but there is nothing we can do about it so no point in complaining.  I just hope we can get most of our planting done before our Toronto trip first week of June. More on that later.

Russell is still working on his ancestry.  He quizzed my mom and dad today so now he has more "clues" to work with. He received an email confirming that my DNA is in the lab....I'm guessing in about 6 weeks or so I will find out exactly what I'm made of.  His aunt's DNA should arrive any time now so that will give him more to work with.  He truly enjoys doing all this research. His family tree is now so big that it cannot be printed on just one piece of paper.

That's it for my blog this week.  I will spend the rest of this Mother's Day relaxing with my two guys. I leave you with four precious photos. I wish you all a wonderful week leading up to the first long weekend of the Summer season.  May it be a sunny and warm one. On Saturday, we will be dog sitting Missy and Max, looking forward to it! Oh, something special is happening on Wednesday...our pooch will turn six!


Anne loves to snuggle and give her pooch kisses
especially on Mother's Day.

Cooper and Russell visit his mom and dad on
Mother's Day....a lovely bouquet for mom

Anne and her Mom on Mother's Day. A lovely Spring
lunch with great food, conversation and love.

Cooper wishes all the moms Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment