Pageviews l

Sunday 11 September 2016

Sweater weather!

Happy Sunday to all!  A cool and sunny day, kind of feels like Fall.  We went for a walk after lunch and both wore a fleece for the first time in months.  It actually felt good to wear something cozy and comfy. Warmer temperatures are forecasted for this week though.

Today is a day that all of us remembers, no matter what we did fifteen years ago.  I had just checked into my hotel room in Divonne, France, for a Human Resources conference.  It was 9 am, local time, and I turned on CNN  as I always did whenever I checked into a hotel.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing on TV.  All I wanted was to be back home with Russell.  Some of my former colleagues who read my blog were with me that day.  It was a somber conference to say the least.  Russell and I will actually visit the 9/11 Museum during our upcoming trip to NYC at the end of the month.  I'm sure it will be breathtaking but also very emotional.

All is good with us and we had a good week.  On Labour Day Monday, we had my family over for lunch.  It was nice to get together.  The rest of the week was quiet.  I registered for the Obedience class which will start at the end of October.  It will be for seven weeks, on a Saturday morning.  I look forward to it.  As for Russell, he will attend his first meeting at the Lakeshore Photography Club tomorrow night. He is already thinking about Fall colour photography.

Yesterday, we attended the Beaconsfield Pet Fair.  It was a lot of fun to walk around and meet all kinds of dogs and their owners.  We ran into Blu-Belle and her human mommy.  Cooper met Blu-Belle when she visited us a few weeks ago.  Another pretty Havanese. Winston, from Chez Winston, was also there but we missed him somehow.  I got to meet some instructors from the Lakeshore Dog Training Association and asked a lot of questions about our upcoming training.  As fate would have it, one of the instructors is our neighbour from across the street.  Small world.  There was also a Minister who was blessing the dogs.  Needless to say that we got the Coop blessed.  Here's to many many more years of pure joy and happiness with our Cooper!

All is quiet in our neighbourhood except that we have racoons that live in a big willow tree in the neighbour's backyard.  A family of 5 in total. Every day, around 4 pm, they start their descent and Cooper, who doesn't miss a beat, runs off the deck in the hopes that he can catch them.  No chance, they run away the minute Coop starts barking. So, we may not see the deer anymore but we see lots of racoons.  We haven't seen skunks yet but we smell them from time to time, we know they're around.  I don't mind smelling them, I just don't want to run into one of them, especially with the Coop in tow.

This coming week will bring the visit of a friend of ours that we haven't seen in ages.  She was my babysitter when I was a kid and she introduced me to Russell some 37 years ago.  It will be nice to see Denise again.

That's it for this week's blog.  I leave you with a number of photos, some taken at the Pet Fair.  I wish you all a great week. Stay cozy. Racoon time soon.....



Anne and Cooper patiently waiting to see the Minister to
receive a Blessing.

Cooper and Anne meeting the Minister.

Cooper receives his Blessing from the Minister for many more
years of health, happiness and joy!

Thanks and Amen says Cooper...I'm on my way,  there is
lots more to sniff at the Fair.

Large crowds of dog lovers and large people in
dog outfits at the Pet Fair, and there's Blu-Belle in the background!

Anne and Cooper meeting an instructor from
Lakeshore Dog Training Association.

At our house a few weeks ago, Coop asks Blu-Belle if she is done with her chew?

Cooper and Winston playing on the deck at
Chez Winston.

Cooper on alert for the racoons...and barking up a storm

Two of the partners in crime descent the ancient
willow tree.





1 comment:

  1. great blog Anne. Pictures tell a great story.

    ReplyDelete