Pageviews l

Sunday 25 September 2016

Glorious start to Autumn


Happy Sunday to all.  What a beautiful start to Autumn we're having.  A little on the cool side but so much sunshine.  The air is crisp just like the Honey Crisp Apples I bought today from the local market. My favorite apples at this time of year.  The afternoons are getting cool though and we find ourselves sitting on the deck with our fleeces on and I even started wearing my Ugg slippers.  We haven't been able to find a good patio heater, will have to wait until Spring.

All is good with us.  We had a good week.  Our landscaping work started on Tuesday and should be done by tomorrow.  It is already looking good both in the back and front.  I will take photos when we're done.  It will be simple but will add a little je ne sais quoi to the exterior of the house.  I also started a gardening project of my own on Thursday and finished today.  We had a big flower bed in the back that was overgrown with shrubs.  I took them all out.  Russell had to use his pickaxe to remove some of the bigger roots.  I spent the past few days turning the soil over, removing all the roots and added peat moss.  I then transplanted a few plants that we had elsewhere and it is looking much better, open and airy.  We will continue planting in the Spring.  Needless to say that my hands are hurting from pulling all the roots but it's a good feeling nonetheless.  I really enjoy gardening.

Our blinds were also installed as promised...this morning.  Better late than never.  We've been here three months now and we've pretty well done all the things that we wanted to do, except for the shutters, which have been ordered.  It's all good.

Russell is doing well and continues to be happy with his athletic therapist/trainer.  He is noticing a difference in his joints.  He also started seeing a physiotherapist and he's doing his stretches like he's supposed to.  Good for him.  Coop is also doing well, happy as ever.  He loves chasing the squirrels. I swear one day he will catch one.  He is funny though, he sometimes reacts to something as silly as a leaf bag.  I had one in the back yard yesterday and in his mind, it was an unusual tall "thing"and he had to sniff it.

The Fall TV shows have started.  We don't watch much TV and follow just a few shows but we are getting real excited about the show tomorrow night....the Presidential Debate.  I can't help myself, I had to throw that in.....we will have the popcorn ready.

That's it for this week's blog.  This coming week is busy, we leave Wednesday for Toronto.  We will drop off the Coop at Camp Talemaker, spend the night in Toronto then we fly to NYC Thursday morning for a three day getaway.  We look forward to it.

I wish you all a great week.  Enjoy this beautiful Fall weather.


Placing the boulders with the Kubota!

Cooper investigating the 'strange' leaf bag!

It is a little chilly now...Uggs time and fleeces for sure.

Cooper and his 'chew'...he says
what you looking at?!



No comments:

Post a Comment