Pageviews l

Sunday 7 August 2016

Love this Summer!


What a Summer we're having, sunny and hot as the weather people predicted.  I must say that it's been perhaps a tad too hot this past week and we badly need rain but just the same, I think we're having a beautiful Summer.  May this weather continue well into Fall.

All is good with us and we had a great week.  I went to the gym five times and did all the classes I wanted to do.  I even tried the Cardio Box/Martial Fusion class.  Kind of crazy, high intensity and it requires a little coordination.  At times, my arms didn't quite follow my feet but I got the hang of it eventually.  I also tried VMX Rope training yesterday.....a little difficult to explain what it's all about so you may have to Google it but it's very hard.  I will do it again but I will need to pace myself rather than try to go at it like some crazy 20 year old!

Russell is also enjoying his workouts and likes his personal trainer.  She specializes in athletic training so she focuses on the right exercises that will not interfere with the joint pains that Russell has from time to time.  It's all good.

Cooper is doing great and seems to have completely adjusted to his new surroundings.  This past week, he had a play session with Sparky, another Talemaker Havanese who lives in Lachine.  It was nice to meet him and his human mommy.  They brought Cooper a toy and that has to be the best retrieve toy he's had in a long time.  I have to get more of those!  We've had some very good plays in the past couple of days.

On the topic of the Coop, we tried a new groomer in Dorval and we will not go back.  I will spare you the details but it was not a good experience for us.  So back to Spawsys for his next bath.  They did a good job the first time so we might as well carry on with them.

On Friday, we had auntie Lorraine over for lunch.  It was her first visit in our new house.  It was nice to see her and she finally got to meet the Coop.

It's a quiet Sunday, sunny and breezy.  I had coffee with my parents this morning, seems to be a new Sunday ritual.   We took the Coop for a nice walk by the Lakeshore after lunch and Russell may have found a spot for his sunrise photography.  The rest of the day will be spent relaxing on the deck.  I wish you all a great week and wish all the Olympic athletes the best Olympic Games!

Purple cone flowers in the garden.

Shasta Daisies at their best.

Our resident rabbit....Cooper loves to chase him.

Sparky and Cooper, smiling for the camera.

Cooper checking out the neighbours...again.

Anne and Coop overlooking Lake St-Louis.


No comments:

Post a Comment