Pageviews l

Sunday 21 August 2016

A friend's visit to La Belle Province


Happy Sunday everyone!  Not a pretty day out there, raining cats and dogs but that's OK.  We need the rain.  I quite like rainy days sometimes as it's an excuse to curl up on the couch, read a good book and listen to some good music.  Funny, as I'm writing the blog, the song "I made it through the rain" is playing....

We had a great week, highlighted by the visit of my good friend Eve.  She took the train from Toronto and arrived on Thursday.  It was so wonderful to see her again and to really take the time to catch up on things.  Eve and I worked quite closely together for many many years so we go back a long long way.  Russell and Coop also enjoyed her company.  On Friday, we went back to her old neighbourhood in DDO and she saw her childhood home.  She even got to speak to the current owners and we got a picture of her standing in front of the house.  Nice memories for her and her parents.  We had a nice lunch in Ste-Anne-De-Bellevue and walked along the boardwalk.  I also took her to my childhood house and showed her the church where Russell and I got married.  It was a trip down memory lane for both of us.

During her stay, we had some good meals and some good wines. The weather was perfect and we spent all of our time on the deck.  Yesterday morning, I took Eve to the gym and we both did the VMX Rope Training Class.  It was her first time doing that kind of a workout and she did really well (it helps when you're in good shape). Perhaps there was a little bit of competition going on between the two of us which is why we both had such a great workout from it...also a good way to burn off those so-called empty calories that come from that good thing called wine.  Eve left yesterday and we already miss her.  We look forward to her next visit.

Cooper is doing well.  He finally started using his crate again.  He goes in almost every day now, for a little nap.  I'm glad that we decided to keep the crate.  For a while, we were thinking that maybe we should put it in the basement.  But the Coop came around and found his crate again.  This week is a big week for him....he will have his first overnight stay at Chez Winston on Wednesday.  Guess who will not sleep on Wednesday night?

While the Coop is at Chez Winston, Russell and I will be attending a wine tasting cruise in Montreal, leaving from the Old Port.  It should be a lovely evening.  We are going with a good childhood friend of Russell's and his wife and I look forward to meeting them.  The weather forecast is looking wonderful for an evening cruise.

I'm a little late writing my blog today.  That's because we had a lovely lunch at my brother's place and only got home a little while ago. My parents were there and my nephews came to say hi.  It was really nice to get together.  Francois made us crab cakes and a spinach and ricotta pie.  Yum.  He really enjoys cooking and is excellent at it.  I brought dessert, blueberry squares.  It was a great way to spend a rainy Sunday.  Cooper also came with us and he was a good boy.

That's it for this week's blog.  Another busy week coming up.  In addition to our cruise on Wednesday, I will be visiting my aunts with my parents on Thursday. I look forward to seeing them. It's been a long time since I saw them.  I wish you all a great week!


The threesome, Eve, Coop and Anne.

Cooper getting some good loving from Eve.

A busy afternoon in the locks of Ste-Anne-De-Bellevue.

A cicada on the deck.

Coop patiently watching the cicada.
Me and my hubby on the deck


No comments:

Post a Comment