Pageviews l

Sunday 26 June 2016

We're open for business!


Happy Sunday to all!  Barely 24 hours after the moving truck unloaded 10,000 pounds worth of our belongings,  precisely 242 items tagged, all is unpacked except for a few boxes in the basement.  That will be done tomorrow.  We gave it all we had and we are now living in a home that looks like we've been here forever.  All of Coop's stuff is organized and ready for his arrival in a few weeks. Only thing left is to hang up the pictures.  Darn, we didn't get to do that today!

So, here we are in Beaconsfield, Quebec.  The move went very smoothly at both ends.  Our movers did an amazing job and what a great crew it was.  They left at 2 pm yesterday and I started unpacking, one box at a time.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I am rather organized.  I had a system and I got it all done. Russell spent a good part of the day today with the Bell guy...now that's a challenge in itself.  I much prefer unpacking boxes.  It took 6 hours for Bell to get everything done.  Having said this, our email is not activated yet....we have to call Customer Service and find out why....another challenge.  On the positive side, our Internet is working perfectly and, wow, what a difference in speed.  Our upload went from .9 mbps to 10 and our download went from 5 mbps to 25.  That's why I'm posting so many pics on my blog today.  It's so fast!

Allow me to backtrack a little.  This past week was very emotional for us.  One emotional moment was Tuesday morning, when we took Cooper to Camp Talemaker.  Unbeknownst to him, this was his last day in his Huntsville Kingdom.  Russell took photos of the two of us on the deck with the Coop, both of us very teary eyed.  Another sad moment was when Russell and I locked up the house and drove down Forest Hill Lane for the last time.  We stopped at John & Terri's for a hug and got to see another good friend, Terri's aunt, Diana.  It was very nice.

This coming week will be busy for us but now that the unpacking is behind us, we can take it easy a bit. Tomorrow morning, our washer/dryer and a few other pieces will be delivered.  Tuesday, the company that will install the sound system will show up.  Their work should take a few days.  On Wednesday, the fence install will begin, weather permitting.

We miss our Coop very much and I took such great pleasure in getting his things ready.  I can already picture him in our new home.  So far, the plan is to pick him up around July 7 or so, give or take a day.  By then, the fence should be done.  It seems so far away!

I think that's about it for this week's blog.  Tonight, we will order in....St-Hubert BBQ Chicken.  I will start cooking tomorrow.  I leave you with a lot of photos taken in Huntsville on our last day and a few in our new home.  A new beginning has started for us and we are happy. Oh, and we already met a few neighbours!  All nice people.  I wish you all a great week and a great upcoming Canada Day weekend!


Hey...I'm fragile too, handle me with care says the  Coop!

A last teary snuggle before closing this chapter with the Coop.

Love the Coop and he loves us more!

Almost empty....

Empty and ready for the new story the next owners
will write.

Oh the stories this table could tell and the new ones...

Full load ready to roll down the Hill to Beaconsfield.

Totally empty in Beaconsfield...ready to unpack.

Where is Anne.....boxes galore!

24 hours later...Anne did her magic!!




1 comment: