Pageviews l

Sunday 12 June 2016

The countdown has begun!

Hello everyone and happy Sunday!  I don't know about your weather but ours truly sucks.  It's been cold, windy, rainy and it really feels like Fall.  The nights have been downright cold and our house is on the cool side.  People often wonder why we don't have air conditioning.  A log home will keep a house cool in the Summer so there is no need for AC.  But when it's cold outside, with no heat on, a log home can be pretty cool. We have been keeping the windows closed and I must say that I feel like I have cabin fever.  Almost too cold to sit on the deck although we did spend some time out there towards the end of the afternoon yesterday, with sweaters on.

Enough said about the weather.  We are now in the countdown mode.  Wow, we are moving to Quebec end of next week.  I can't believe that it's coming up so fast.  There is still quite a bit to do and most of it can only be done a few days before the move.  I am happy to say that the "to do" list that I had on paper is now done.  The operative word here is "on paper".  The rest that needs to get done is in my head....maybe it's time to start another list before I loose my mind.

This week is a busy week for us with all kinds of appointments, in addition to the normal stuff that we do.  Cooper and I will also visit with Sandy.  She is the owner of the doggie day care that has brought so much joy and fun to Cooper.  We will miss her and her beautiful dog Brenna.  I hate saying goodbyes. There will be lots of those next week.

I leave you with only one photo this week and there is a bit of a story to it.  Two years ago, once the lupins were done and had turned black, I went lupin hunting with a neighbour.  We stopped alongside of Highway 11 and filled bags and bags with lupin branches.  My neighbour told me to just stick them in the ground and they would seed themselves.  Well, two years later, we have lupin flowers all over the front yard. Isn't that amazing!

That's it for this week's blog.  Another quiet Sunday.  Russell and Coop are now having a nap and I'm  hoping that the sun will come out so that I can sit on the deck.  I wish you all a great week.



Lupin blossom set against the bright yellow barberry.




No comments:

Post a Comment