Pageviews l

Sunday 19 June 2016

Happy Father's Day!


On this beautiful and warm Sunday, I wish all the dads out there a very Happy Father's Day!  A tender loving wish to my own Dad who has been kind enough to keep a close eye on our house in Beaconsfield until our move.  A special loving thought to Russell's dad who is watching us from above. Always in our hearts. Finally, a Happy Father's Day to Cooper's human daddy!  Oh, Russell got some good kisses and lickings when he woke up this morning.  I thought it would be very fitting to include this beautiful photo of the two of them.

So, this is it my friends, my last blog from Huntsville.  I don't know if I will get through writing this blog without shedding some tears....it's been an emotional week filled many "lasts".  The tears come easy these days.  As much as we are excited to start our new adventure, we are very nostalgic about leaving Huntsville, especially our beautiful log home and our dear neighbours and friends, John & Terri.  We will also miss the many people that have touched our lives since we've been here.  Even Cooper will miss the many friends he has made, human or canine.  He had his last bath at Pet Value last Tuesday and the staff gave him a nice going away gift.  They will miss his weekly visit to the grooming salon and his cheerful bark.

Yesterday afternoon, John, Terri and Saba came up for one last cheer on the deck.  It was nice to get together and yes, tears were flowing.

Four more sleeps for Russell and I and two more for Cooper.  On Tuesday, we will take Coop to Camp Talemaker, where he will spend about two weeks while we unpack and prepare his new kingdom.  We will drive back to Toronto early July, stay overnight, then bring Cooper home.  I cannot wait to see how he will react once he sets "paws" in our/his new home.  We will be sure to have all his things in strategic locations so that he feels right at home.

Tomorrow, Russell will have his last personal training session.  Did you know that he had a total of 182 sessions since he joined the gym!  Well done Russell.  As for me, it looks like I have reached the 400 Bootcamp mark!  My last day at the gym will be on Wednesday, last Bootcamp class and last personal training session.  We both hate "lasts" but we look forward to new "firsts".

Wednesday will be a big day for us in terms of finalizing the packing.  With Cooper gone, we will be able to put away all of his belongings as well as bigger items such as lamps, TV, etc.  Then, Thursday morning, the movers show up.  Russell and I will be driving down Forest Hill Lane for the last time later that afternoon.  It will be a sad moment (the tears have arrived). We plan on stopping by John & Terri's house for one last hug.  We may even get to see Diana who will be visiting them.  That would be nice.  We will spend the night at Deerhurst, relive the day and start our journey for La Belle Province Friday morning.

I leave you with just a few photos, some of the Coop playing with his new toy, one of him sitting on the high chair, probably wondering what his new home will look like.  I also took a pic of two deer this afternoon.  We haven't seen much of them lately so it was nice to see them today. Perhaps they came to say goodbye....

This is it for the Huntsville edition of my blog.  The next blog will be from Beaconsfield, Quebec, hopefully next Sunday. Until then, I wish you a great week and I wish my fellow Quebecers a great St-Jean Baptiste Weekend coming up!


Peas in a pod, Cooper and Russell pose for selfie!

Nom....nom...nom, I love this new chew toy!

One more tug and I'll have the ear off this thing.

Cooper on a bar stool...he likes the view up there.

The deer of Forest Hill Lane stopping by for a farewell nibble.







No comments:

Post a Comment