Pageviews l

Sunday 13 December 2015

Will it be a White Christmas?


Well, here we are less than two weeks before Christmas. Will it be a white one or not?  Only time will tell.  I believe there is snow in some parts of the country but in our neck of the woods, not a speck of snow to be seen.  We've had nothing but relatively mild temperatures, clouds and rain.  I don't remember when we last saw the sun.  It is actually looking a bit sad out there, so dark and dreary looking and although not cold, it is very damp.  Ok, enough about the weather.

All is good in the Duncan household.  Like everyone else, we are getting ready for Christmas.  My baking is mostly done, and most of it frozen, ready to bring home on the 23rd. A couple more things to bake later this week, then I'll be done for good.  Today, we started our Christmas celebrations by having John & Terri over for lunch.  It was nice to get together and to toast the holiday season.  I made a good old French Onion Soup.  It was yummy and cheesy.  Russell had a nice fire going and it made for a cozy afternoon.

We have a busy week ahead with some appointments in town and a trip to Toronto on Friday.  This will be our last hair cut of the year.  The next one will be the day before we leave for Mayan Riviera in early February.  Then, next week,  it will be Christmas and we will be off to Montreal for a few days.  My parents are counting the days until we go home.  So are we.  It will be nice to see them again.

Cooper is doing good.  He was a good host this afternoon although he had moments of craziness.  They say that having a dog is like having a two year old forever.  Aint' that the truth.  But we wouldn't have it any other way.

This is a short blog.  As I'm writing it, I'm looking at the fireplace, which is still roaring.  I'm actually feeling sleepy just looking at it.  I think I will just sit in front of it and close my eyes.  Russell is watching football and I suspect that he may be watching the inside of his eyelids from time to time.  As for Cooper, he's out like a light.  That's what a Christmas celebratory lunch will do!

I hope you all have a great week.  I also hope that your Christmas preparations are going as planned.    Be safe on the roads if you go out.


Christmas wreath with fresh bows in the great room.

A 6 point buck graced our lot and munched on our Christmas tree.

More of the hungry herd of deer...they love a fresh Christmas tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment