Pageviews l

Sunday 24 May 2015

It's been a cool one!


Well, this past week sure felt like Fall, or even early Winter.  It was a very cool week with very cool nights.  We woke up one morning with a dusting of snow on the barbecue.  Thankfully, this cool weather is now a thing of the past and it is already a balmy 22 celsius with lots of sunshine.  Warm temps are in the forecast for the week, with rain.  It's a good thing as we need it.

This past week was quiet.  We went for a few walks, all bundled up with our fleeces.  Russell seeded the grass, again, and now we wait for it to grow.  The rain will help the process.  This past Winter was harder on the plants and the grass than we originally thought.  The perennials are growing slowly and a few didn't make it through the Winter.  We went to a few nurseries and bought 12 plants of Blue Catmint and 6 plants of Lavender.  I planted them last week.  It's looking good.

This year, we decided that we would not make it easy for the deer to munch on our annuals.  So, for our wheelbarrow, I put together a big pot of good old Marigolds......or "Stinky Maries" as Russell calls them.  The deer do not like those at all....surprise!  They may stink but they sure provide a good pop of colour!  I even planted a few between some of the bolders in the front.  It's actually quite nice.

Not much else is going on.  We leave in less than three weeks for our trip to Mayan Riviera.  We are looking forward to it.  It will be a new experience for us.

Cooper is doing well.  He went to doggie day care on Thursday and had fun playing with his buddies.  The Coop and I are not doing agility this year.  The focus of the training this year is really for those that want to compete and that's not me.  We had fun doing it for two years and we learned a lot.

That's it for this week's blog.  I include two pictures that Russell took of Cooper and I yesterday during our walk at the Canada Summit Centre (built for the G8 summit in 2010).  Cooper just loves sitting on that big rock.  Russell also took a pic of the dusting of snow and our Marigolds!

I wish you all a great Sunday and week ahead.  It will be a quiet day for us, perhaps a walk after lunch then relax on the deck.  My day started with a Bootcamp class at 9:30 but not before I was stopped at a RIDE Program on my way to the gym.  I was asked if I had anything to drink for the past 12 hours.  The answer was no but I thought it was interesting that they were doing a RIDE program so early in the day.  They were stopping all the cars so traffic was rather heavy.  Good for them I say!


Marigolds in the barrow...waiting for the deer!

Cooper on his favorite perch at the Summit Centre.

A much needed rest on the 2.2 km walk at the Summit Centre.

The "S" word....snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment