Pageviews l

Sunday 26 April 2015

Warmer weather on the way....

This past week was very dismal weather wise.  We had a short blast of Winter on and off for a few days with snow, ice pellets and strong winds.  Luckily, the snow didn't last but we did wake up one morning with snow on the ground.  Despite all this, the trees are budding and the grass is slowly perking up. There is warmer weather on the way though, and it is my feeling that it will be here to stay.

We had a quiet week and didn't do much outside.  Russell blew the leaves yesterday but that's about it.       I wanted to buy a container of pansies for the deck but the weather was too cold.  Maybe this week.

The earthquake in Nepal is on many people's minds right now.  Such a terrible tragedy.  So many lives lost, such devastation for those that survived.  This tragedy especially hit home since two Huntsville residents arrived in Nepal just before the earthquake as part of a charitable mountain-climbing expedition hosted by Dream Mountain Foundation.  One of them is Kelly from FITT Gym.  She has been my coach since I started Bootcamp last fall.  I was relieved to hear that she is fine, although she suffered some minor injuries from falling debris.  Kelly and her team are together and have made camp outside their hotel in Katmandu where they have food, water and shelter.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this.

This coming week will be busy.  We will be going to Toronto on Thursday for our hair cuts.  Friday morning, we fly to Montreal for the weekend to visit my parents.  I look forward to seeing them.  It's been a while.  Russell will have lunch with his aunt Lorraine on Saturday.  He looks forward to seeing her also.  While we're away, Cooper will be at Talemaker Camp having a good time.

I leave you with a couple of pictures that I took of Russell and Cooper yesterday.  I was watching them from the Muskoka room and they both looked as if they were pondering life.  Perhaps they were.  I also include a picture that Russell took of a resident pileated woodpecker that we have in our backyard. Pretty cool to watch and hear. Finally, I thought it would be fun to include a picture of the Coop dirty.  I bet you never thought you would get to see him that way.  It doesn't happen often...this photo is two years old.... I wish you all a great week.  May is just around the corner!  Go Habs Go!  Big game tonight.

Russell and Cooper mount the stump to ponder life.

Who are you looking at?!

Pileated woodpecker using the dead hollow tree to sound for a mate.

Look at me....I rolled and romped in the muck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment