Pageviews l

Sunday 11 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish all moms out there the best day ever!  A loving Mother's Day wish to my mom, whom I will see in two weeks time.  A loving Mother's Day wish to Russell's mom who is watching us from up above. We miss her dearly, especially today.  I do not want to forget all those women who never had children, but are just as motherly as can be.  As for me, today I will spend it with Russell and Cooper.  We often refer to him as the child we never had so those that know me well know that I am every bit a "mommy" to Cooper and I love every minute of it.  So, I am making today a special day for me also.  Lots of extra snuggles, hugs and kisses with the Coop.....and Russell  xoxo

It is a glorious Sunday.  The sun is shining, it is warming up and the trees are finally budding.  Our grass is starting to turn green but it is a slow process.  We had our lawn aerated last week and we seeded.  Most of the plants that I planted last year are coming back.  It's all good.

We put a bird feeder in front of our kitchen window a few weeks ago and the birds have finally found it. The chickadees and the gold finches are eating up a storm and it is so nice to watch.  We used to feed the birds when we lived in Mississauga.  When we moved to Huntsville, we had read that it was not recommended to do so as the seeds can attract bears.....after living here for almost two years, we decided that we would do like everybody else and feed the birds.  So, we shall see.....

Last Wednesday, Cooper and I started Level 2 of Agility.  I was a bit rusty and my feet were not too coordinated but it was fun.  It is a small class of only three dogs so we get a lot of practice time.   It didn't take Cooper long to get back into it.  Last year, he showed some apprehension on the A-Frame and the teeter-totter but last week, he went up on both with no hesitation. Those are considered "contact obstacles" so he needs to learn to make full contact on both the up and down sides of the obstacles.  I need to teach him how to do it.... This coming week, we will continue to practice those obstacles as well as learn the weave poles.

Russell has had a bad cold since last Sunday.  It started out as a head cold but it is now in his chest.  He is somewhat better today but not quite himself yet.  Hopefully it will break this week.  As for me, knock on wood, I didn't catch it.

This is it for today's blog.  I wish you all a great day and a wonderful week ahead leading up to the May long weekend!
Cooper learning to find the pivot point on the teeter totter.

Steady.......

....and down we go!

Charging up the A-Frame.

Perfect timing!

Cooper bouncing off the A-Frame....he needs to hit the contact point.

Cooper up and over, or is he levitating!

A human Mommy and dog moment, Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment