Pageviews l

Sunday 2 March 2014

March is here...it's about time!

I start this blog by officially declaring that I've had it with Winter.  Enough is enough.  More cold temperatures and windchill warnings in the forecast for the next few days, not just for Huntsville but for many parts of Canada, which at least makes me feel like we're not alone. There is just no sign that Spring is around the corner, even though I keep saying that it is.

Having said all this about being tired of Winter, it is not stopping us from braving the cold elements and going for walks.  We walked every day this past week.  It just feels good to be outside no matter what.  This morning, we went to Arrowhead Park and it was a lot colder than I thought it would be.  But we walked for 45 minutes just the same and it felt good.  Russell took a few pictures which I include in this blog.

This past week was good.  I went back to the gym....only once.  The Barbados incentive is gone....but I will get back into it this week.  I just needed a bit of a break.  As for Russell, he went three times.  Very impressive.

Cooper went back to doggy daycare last Thursday after a three week absence.  Brenna was happy to see him again.  She missed him a lot.  I thought it would be nice to include a picture of her in my blog.  She is a 9 year old doodle, a very sweet dog.  She loves Cooper to pieces!

Last night, we had dinner at John & Terri's house, our neighbours.  We had a wonderful, fun filled evening.  Great food, wine and lots of good laughs.  By this time next year, we should have four more neighbours living on our private road.

I've been cooking up a storm today.  I have baked beans in the oven, I made my famous 52 garlic clove soup and I have chicken pot pie ready for dinner tonight.  Yummy!

That's about it for this week's blog.  This coming week will be quiet, nothing special going on.  I wish you all a great week leading up to March break.  Off to watching a movie now:  Gravity.  Yesterday, we watched Captain Phillips.  We were on the edge of our seats during the whole movie.  Tonight, we will watch the Oscars....I hear Rob Ford might make an appearance.


Brenna....Cooper's Huntsville BFF!

Anne and the Coop on the trail in Arrowhead.

Beautiful blue skies...in Arrowhead.

Another Arrowhead trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment