Pageviews l

Sunday 23 March 2014

How do you spell Spring? WINTER!

Today is the fourth day of Spring and it sure doesn't feel like it.  We woke up to -18 C this morning.  We went for a walk this afternoon and, although the sun was nice and warm, there was a wind chill which made it feel like -17C.  I had to wear my winter coat, and I had vowed not to wear it again as of last Thursday.  I keep saying just a few more days of this but Winter just doesn't want to go away. I thought I would post pictures of the snow that we have just for the fun of it.....funny isn't it?  These pictures were taken today, after another small dump of snow received yesterday.  Having said all this, this time of year is the best time to take fabulous pictures during the Blue Hour, which is one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.  I include two pictures that Russell took last week during the Blue Hour, at night.  I also include one that he took of the moon at 7:30 am this morning.

Enough writing about the weather, it is what it is.  This past week was very good.  We went to Toronto for a few days and it was fun.  We both had our hair cut, did a bit of shopping, went to Canada Blooms and ate at some good restaurants.  We were amazed by the fact that Toronto has no snow to speak of, at least in the downtown / uptown core.  The sidewalks were dry and I was able to wear shoes outdoors.  Now, that is something that I haven't done in ages.

While we were away, Cooper was flirting with the gals at Camp Talemaker.  We are told that he is truly in love with Adele.  Sweet!

My parents are doing well and getting ready for the big move.  They seem quite excited about it.  They should be.  We will be going to Montreal in two weeks and I hope to get a chance to see their new condo. Russell will get to visit with his aunt and the two of us will go to the cemetery and perhaps drop off a nice Spring bouquet for his parents.

Not much else is going on for us.  It is hard to believe that we are coming up to the last week of March, I think because of the lingering Winter.  I read today that despite the late Spring, Parks Canada had its first sighting of a grizzly bear coming out of hibernation somewhere in Banff.  I also heard that the same could be happening in Northern Ontario.  Despite the snow, the days are longer and the sun is warmer, so the animals that hibernate will soon get confused.

This coming week will be busy for us.  We have a few appointments, dentist, and such, and are hoping to start a bit of Spring cleaning....hahaha! Oh, and tonight, we are having a Spring dinner:  Lemon baked chicken with asparagus and mediterranean orzo salad.  Ha!  I wish you all a great week ahead!

Fresh snow on the ground.....love it..NOT!

Cooper navigating his snow maze....he wonders if it will ever leave.

Cooper likes the vantage points on top of snow piles.

Yes, this is the driveway, freshly plowed.

Moon rise on the back deck...in the Blue Hour.

Anne and Cooper on the front porch in the Blue Hour.

The moon setting at 7:30 AM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment