Pageviews l

Sunday 16 March 2014

Happy St-Patrick's Day...and some news

Tomorrow is St-Patrick's Day.  Irish or not, many people around the world take advantage of this special day to have fun and celebrate life.  We are no different and we particularly like to use that celebration as yet another opportunity to put Cooper through a photo session.  He is such a good sport at it.  He just sits there and lets us take pictures....and he does so without being lured with a treat.  That is the best part!  Of course, we always give him a treat when we're done because he deserves it.  Hope you enjoy his St-Paddy's Day picture.  I know we are.

Well, I have to say that this past week was not an ordinary week for us, and particularly for my parents.  After talking about right-sizing for many years, my mom and dad decided that it was now time to bite the bullet and look for a smaller place to live.  So, they bought a condo located just a few minutes from where they currently live, in Sainte-Anne-de Bellevue,  in the old Harpell Press Building. As fate would have it, they will be living in the same building where their very first neighbours from 50 + years ago currently live. They have been good friends for all those years. Needless to say that it was a very emotional week for my parents, and for me and my siblings, as this is such a huge decision to make.  And it all happened so fast.  Russell and I were on pins and needles while they were waiting for their offer to be accepted.  The whole family is so happy for them. I cannot say it enough, it is such the right thing to do.  They have been living in that house since 1961.  Without divulging my age, I will say that I was not born in that house, neither was my sister, but my brother was (well, he was born in the hospital but you know what I mean).  So, lots of memories to be had for all of us.

My parents are now going through the various stages that come with buying a new house and of course they have to prepare to sell their current house.  We will be there to support them every step of the way.  So, the next few months will be hectic for them but in the end, it will bring a new beginning.

All is well for Russell and I.  The weather has been a bit cold but we did not get any snow this past week, unlike Toronto and Montreal.  The snow is melting and we can now totally see our barbecue and our smoker. Progress!  We keep going for our daily walk with the Coop.  I attach two pictures that Russell took today at Arrowhead Park.  I must say that it was very cold today but we walked for about 50 minutes and it felt good.

This coming week will be busy for us.  We are off to Toronto later in the week for a few days of R&R.  We will get our hair cuts, a bit of shopping and we will go to the Canada Blooms exhibition.  Cooper will be at Camp Talemaker having his usual fun.

That's about it for this week's blog.  I wish you all a great week and a fun St-Patrick Day celebration.  I leave you with this Irish quote :

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
~Author Unknown

Cooper wishes everyone a Happy St Paddy's Day...woof...woof!

Anne and the Coop on a cold trail in Arrowhead Park.

A photo-painting of birch trees and a cold winter sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment