Pageviews l

Sunday 15 December 2013

T'is the week before Christmas

A little more than a week before Christmas and it sure looks like it will be a white Christmas in many parts of the country.  In Muskoka, we got a fair amount of snow last week and it's been quite cold but it is very pretty.  

This past week, despite the cold weather, we went for many long walks including this morning, even at -17 celsius.  We were all bundled up and it was nice.  Cooper had his Muttluk booties on and today we even put his coat on, the first time this year.

It's been a quiet week.  Russell and I went to the gym a number of times, Cooper went to doggie daycare on Thursday and he had a bath on Friday.  In between those everyday events, we shovelled the deck and Cooper's dog run a number of times, I baked more Christmas goodies and Russell took many pictures.  In particular, he took one of our outdoor Christmas tree when we woke up on Tuesday.  It was so beautiful with the lights still on and the snow on it.  On Friday, we also took Cooper's "official" Christmas picture as well as a picture of the three of us.  I will post those in next week's blog.

Tomorrow, I plan on checking out Motivations Fitness Gym.  After that, I hope to be able to make a decision as to which gym I will join once Good Life closes on December 20.  Although I look forward to joining another gym, I currently have a very bad case of plantar fasciitis in my left foot.  The pain is quite intense at times and basically everything I do aggravates it.  I suppose if I stayed off my foot for a few weeks it would go away.  Easier said than done.  From what I read, it can take months to a year before it goes away.  Sweet!


My dad has recuperated well from his surgery and he is almost back to his old self.  My mom is doing well also.  They lost a dear friend last week and it was a reminder that life is short.   


We will be going to Toronto and Mississauga later this week for a couple of days.  We have hair cut appointments and we need to do some shopping for our trip to Barbados in February.  We will also catch up with some friends and old neighbours.  We look forward to it.  Cooper will be spending a few days at Camp Talemaker and have his own fun.

This week, I thought I would share a few pictures that Russell took of our Christmas tree.  I am also including a few pictures of Cooper snow surfing.  I will now sit by the fireplace with my two favorite guys and rest that foot of mine.  Have a great week everyone!

Cooper's stockings are hung on the tree and mantel...lucky dog!

The tree from Sandhill..a very full tree.

A wise owl...watches over the tree.

Outside tree...day after the snow squall...7:30 AM.

Cooper is ready for take off ears a flipping!

Crash landing or snow diving...you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment