Pageviews l

Sunday 29 December 2013

And the tradition continues...

For Christmas, we always send flowers to our parents.  This year was no different.  My parents got a beautiful arrangement for their bay window.  Russell's Mom and Dad got a beautiful Christmas wreath.  So, sometimes, traditions can continue even if life events change.

We hope you all had a nice Christmas.  Ours was quiet and nice.  We had a fire going all day, watched the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular show on DVD and had a great meal.  Russell and I saw the Rockettes Christmas show in New York City a few years ago.  It is a must see at Christmas time if you are in NYC.  What a great show for both children and adults.  We liked it so much that we ordered the DVD and we watch it every year at or around Christmas.  As for our great meal, I cooked a prime rib for the first time.  I must say that it was delicious and very tender, although I wasn't sure at first how it would turn out.  I find that cooking a turkey is much more predictable in terms of cooking time.  Our friend Darlah gave me a couple of good tips for cooking it.  So, I would cook it again.  We had lots of leftovers both for us and Cooper.

On Boxing Day, two things happened.  I joined FITT gym.  There was a big one day event and the yearly membership was 40% off.  So I decided to bite the bullet and became a member.  I still suffer from plantar fasciitis but I will deal with that in the New Year. After that, although we didn't hit the mall (there is only one in Huntsville), we went to Home Depot and bought ourselves an electric snowblower for our deck and the dog run. It weighs 25 pounds and will do the trick.  We can't wait for the next dump of snow to try it out.

The weather has been quite nice.  We went for a number of walks this past week and took in the nice winter scenery. On our walk on Friday, I took my video camera with me and took some pictures.  Russell made a fun video which I attach to this blog.  I hope you enjoy it.

It is now Sunday, 4:30 pm, and it's been a busy day.  Our good neighbours John & Terri came back from Australia yesterday.  They came over for coffee this morning and we had a good visit.  This afternoon, Sandy and Marc came over for a visit.  They brought with them their 9 year old doodle Brenna, one of Cooper's many girlfriends. What can I say, sometimes he goes for older women.....Sandy owns the doggy day care where Cooper goes every week. It was nice to have them over.  It was also nice to see Coop and Brenna play together in our house instead of her house.

Cooper is now having a nap.  He is tired for having entertained all day.  As for Russell and I , we will now relax in front of the fireplace and enjoy the rest of the day.  It is hard to believe that New Year's Eve and Day are fast approaching.  Somehow, we have lost track of time this week and I just realized that I have to get ready for yet another round of celebrations.  Next week, Russell and I will get back on track with both our fitness routine and better eating.  Just in time for our trip to Barbados in February......

This is it for the last blog of 2013.  I hope that all those affected by the Ice Storm are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  It is my understanding that some still don't have power and hope it is restored shortly.  It's been a very difficult week for many people. Having said this, I  wish you all a very happy New Year.

Art and Terry, together forever.

A Christmas floral flourish for my parents.

A quiet winters night in front of the fireplace....enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment