Pageviews l

Sunday 24 November 2013

Brrrr...it's cold outside!


I think that Winter has arrived in Muskoka.  Today was a beautiful sunny day but mighty cold with a windchill of -25 C.  We got snow yesterday but so did many other areas of Ontario.  I think that the snow is here to stay, at least for a while with more on the way tonight and tomorrow.  That's OK because we prefer snow to mud at this time of year.  It is much cleaner for Cooper and nicer to look at. So, when it's cold, we sit by the fire and stay warm.  It appears that Cooper also likes to do the same.

All is good with us.  This past week was rather quiet.  I am in the process of looking for another gym.   I went to FITT Gym yesterday to check them out.  This week,  I will go to Motivations Fitness.  In the meantime, I continue to go to GoodLife and do my own thing.  It is not as motivating as doing fitness classes but I got some good workouts in anyway.

We are slowly getting ready for the holiday season.  I started my Christmas baking yesterday and got quite a bit done.  I normally don't do it that early but we will be going to Montreal this coming weekend and I want to bring my parents some goodies. We will also visit with Russell's aunt and we want to give her some baking as well.  So, it's a good excuse to bake early.  Funny thing with me, when I bake, I have no desire to taste what I make.  I am grateful that Russell doesn't mind...not that I have to twist his arm or anything but he does enjoy tasting the odd cookie.  As for Cooper, he is never far from me, looking for crumbs on the floor.  Unfortunately for him, I am the ultimate "clean up as I go person" so very few crumbs, if any, hit the floor.

This week is looking up to be busy.  Russell and I have dentist appointments, we also have indoor agility on Thursday in Barrie.  This will be the first of three classes that we will attend during the winter. It is also my mom's birthday on Thursday and we get to see her on Friday.

The wild turkeys have been hanging around our property lately.  Must be a sign that Christmas is around the corner...or as my friend Maggie said, they are probably hiding in anticipation of American Thanksgiving.  I took this picture of them in one of our trees.  Quite the sight.

That's about it for this week's blog.  I hope you all have a great week.

Cooper 'chilling' by the fire...smart boy!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...what about turkeys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment