Pageviews l

Sunday 17 November 2013

What goes on at night....

Since we live in the forest, we often wonder what goes on at night while we sleep.  More often than not,  we hear noises coming from the forest just outside our bedroom windows.  Sometimes, Cooper will hear things before we do.  After all, his hearing is far better than ours.  Our friend Darlah sent us a link a while ago for a critter cam.  That got the ball rolling and we decided to get one.  It is attached to a tree on the side of the house where our bedroom is.  It's pretty cool.  I attach a couple of pictures that we got from the camera this past week.  I'm afraid the deer were our only visitors but we hope to be able to see more night time critters over time.  The critter cam even caught Russell blowing leaves yesterday.  The pictures are not the best quality but it's kind of fun to be able to see what goes on.

All is good with us.  We had a pretty good week and didn't do a whole lot.  Having said this, the week went by like a flash so we must have been busier than I thought.  I find it very hard to believe that we are more than half way through November.  I have to start my Christmas baking soon.  I did get my outdoor winter pots done and I think they look pretty nice.  We had snow the day after so Russell took a few pictures.  The snow didn't last long but it was pretty for a little while.

I found out on Thursday that the GoodLife gym will be closing in Huntsville on December 20.  I am very disappointed.  I was getting into a nice groove and I really liked my classes, especially Spinning.  Although the gym closes in a few weeks, there are no more fitness classes as of now.  So, I have to figure out what to do next, which gym to go to.  I have a few options and will explore them this coming week.   I feel bad for the staff as this news was totally unexpected.

Russell had his snow tires put on and so far, no snow in the forecast, although very high winds for today.  Yesterday, the weather was beautiful, sunny and mild.  On Tuesday, I went for a nice fitness walk with Terri, our neighbour down the Lane.  It was a bit cold so we bundled up nicely but it was a very good walk.  Russell, Cooper and I also went for a walk on Wednesday.  That was also nice and it was good to get some fresh air.  Cooper went to doggie daycare on Thursday and had his usual fun playing with Brenna.

We continue to hear gun shots throughout the day.  The hunters must be doing well....That's about it for my blog this week. I will spend the rest of the day sitting in front of the fire and try to finish my book.  Russell will alternate between watching football and tending to the fire.  As for Cooper, he will follow us around, play with his chews or sleep.  I wish you all a good week.

Winter posts.....ready and waiting for Winter.

Large leaf blowing critter....

Night time bandits on the septic berm.

Smile you are on the critter cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment