Pageviews l

Sunday 7 April 2013

Rainy Sunday

As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers.  We woke up to rain this morning and it looks like it will rain all day.  The only picture I have for you today is of Cooper having a nap on our bed. We found him on the bed earlier this morning between the two throw pillows so Russell took a picture. This is one of his many little quirks:  he always moves the throw pillows with his nose so that he can nest between them. The Coop doesn't like the rain much so he is having a quiet day, although we've had a couple of fun play sessions so far.  I had to laugh as when I took him out earlier, he was trying to walk on the grass that is not so mucky.  He made a point of walking on the stepping stones until he got to the grass.  He is a bit funny that way, it is as if he doesn't like to get his feet wet and dirty.

Since it is a rainy day, Russell decided to do the BoatSmart Test. It is something that he's been wanting to do for a few months now. So, he went through all seven modules and wrote the test and.....passed!  Yay, one of us now has a boating licence.  As for me, I plan on writing the test at some point but I must first focus on my music lessons.  I had another lesson last Thursday and I am progressing nicely.  I am now learning the chords, which means that I now play with my left hand, in addition to the right.  It does take some practice and coordination to be able to play with both hands and I'm not quite there yet.  I really enjoy those lessons and I practice every day.  For the most part, I am able to read music notes but it is not as easy as it seems.  It will come with time.

Russell continues with his fitness classes.  He enjoys it and it is a good way for him to get back into working out.  As for me, I joined the GoodLife gym for Women.  I guess you could say that I was inspired by Russell and I thought it would be fun for a change to do some fitness classes.   I went to my first class yesterday morning and I am feeling it today. My abs are quite sore.  I plan on doing three classes a week.  Of course, since Russell and I are into fitness classes, we thought it would be fitting to do something for Cooper also.....so we enrolled him in an Agility course which will start May 1.  We were lucky to find such a course at Muskoka Agility Dogs which is run by Dan and Lynda.  They have been doing this since 2000.  They are judges at regular trials, both at the regional and national level.  The course will be held at their property, which is 10 minutes west of Huntsville, on 65 acres of land.  They do agility fun matches, clinics and trials, from May to October.  Cooper's initial course will be for 8 weeks, every Wednesday, rain or shine.  We think this will be good for the Coop.

Not much else is happening but I will say that between our fitness classes, my music lessons and other things that we do, we are pretty busy.  Aren't all retirees?

That's about it for this week's blog.  I will now practice my music for an hour or so then we may watch a movie.  Speaking of movie, we watched "Marley and Me" last night.  It's about a golden lab who is totally incorrigible but so loved by his family.  Needless to say that this movie brought tears to our eyes.

Have a great week everyone!
The Coop in his pillow 'den/nest'.






No comments:

Post a Comment