Pageviews l

Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter!

As a child, Easter meant that I would get to wear a brand new Spring coat with a cute little hat and gloves, and off to church we would go.  I would also get a basket full of chocolate eggs.  I vividly recall the Laura Secord Easter Eggs, the ones with the yellow inside.  Russell remembers those also.  He would put his in the fridge and eat a thin slice every day until it was all gone.  Those are great memories.  I didn't buy any chocolate eggs nor did I buy myself a new spring coat....but I did buy some beautiful flowers and the Farmer's Daughter's famous lemon meringue pie for dessert tonight.  Last, but not least, we bought Cooper some rabbit ears.  We could not resist.  He is such a trooper when it comes to posing with these silly props on.

This past week was busy.  I had my first music lesson with Glen.  It lasted one hour but the next lessons will be 30 minutes.  There was a lot to absorb in one hour and my head was spinning by the time I was done.  Although the main purpose of these lessons is for me to learn how to operate the keyboard, my teacher is insisting on going back to basics in terms of learning the musical notes and all. So, for this week's lesson, I have to learn how to play "Brother Jacques Rock". .... very exciting!  I haven't practiced yet but I will later today and every day this week until my next lesson Thursday.  I want to impress my teacher....he is quite the guy, older than I thought he would be and a true bohemian.

Russell started his fitness classes on Tuesday and Thursday.  He enjoyed it more than he thought he would.  He is by far the youngest in a class of 13 people over 55 years old.  He is also the fittest person in the group.  I am not surprised since he worked out with a personal trainer for five years up until we moved to Huntsville.  So, he's off to a good start.

Given the beautiful weather that we had this past week, we went for an hour long walk every day.  The snow is melting very fast so the walking trails are such that we tend to sink when we walk.  No big deal, it's just harder on the legs.

We continued our Spring cleaning, rather Russell did.  He washed all the windows and the screens.  Good job done!  It's too early to do some spring cleanup outside but it will not be long before we can do so.  I can't wait to work outside and start planting.

As much as we had been resisting feeding the deer, we gave in and bought them some dried apple chips.  Those are actually used to feed horses but they are a nice treat for deer.  At around 7 am, we can literally hear the deer walking close to our bedroom window, on their way to the septic burm, which is where we feed them. They do not shy away when Russell is out feeding them, they simply move back a little until he's done.  Cooper watches them from our bedroom window.  He doesn't bark, just watches with fascination.

April will start off with a bit of snow in Huntsville but it will not last.  The snow has melted a lot this past week.  Cooper's yard is almost just grass and it is quite mushy to walk on.  A little bit of colder weather will help things dry off a bit.

I hope this Easter Holiday fills your home with love, joy and plenty of Easter treats!  Have a great week everyone!
Easter flowers - gerbera!
Cooper in his Easter finest.....

We named her Bambi... she visits each morning for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment