Pageviews l

Sunday 14 April 2013

Sunday morning brunch....country style!

Unlike last Sunday, we woke up this morning to sunshine.  Finally!  This past week was dreadful in terms of weather.  Cloudy, freezing rain, high winds and ice pellets.  Like many other people, we had to endure another bout of winter. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be but just the same.  We are sick of it and are longing for sunny and warm days.  I actually put my winter coat away early last week.   I should have known better.

Back to this morning.  Given the sunshine, I thought I would take a video of Russell feeding the deer. As you will see in the video, some are a little skittish but one of them is truly not shy.  We call him Bambi (I know, very original). Bambi had a stare down with Cooper last week.  Cooper was on the deck, the deer was down below on the septic berm but very close to the deck, and the two were staring at each other.  The deer started stomping and scratching the ground with his leg and was snorting.  Of course, Cooper who normally doesn't bark at the deer, starting barking.  Way to go Coop, this is also your territory!

This past week was uneventful.  Russell went to his fitness classes and particularly enjoyed the Thursday class as he had to "line dance".... I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see that!  As for me, I was only able to go to one class.  That class was a bit of a challenge as I had to coordinate the foot work with the arms. Not so good.  This week, I will focus on the feet, then add on the arms when I've got the feet figured out.  I plan on doing three classes this week.

I had another music lesson on Thursday.  I am happy with my progress, especially since I had a breakthrough on Friday.  Although I have been slowly learning how to read music notes for the past few weeks,  I simply didn't "get it" until Friday. I researched different ways to learn how to read music on the Internet and came across this one website which made it seem so simple.  In addition, Russell found an online tutorial which is extremely helpful.  I think my teacher will be impressed this week.

We went for a walk this morning on our road and saw foot prints that most likely belong to a fisher.  Our neighbours did see one a few weeks ago. We always knew that there were fishers around here but seeing the footprints makes it more real.  Needless to say that we are extremely vigilant when we are outdoors with Cooper, always on the lookout for critters.  Some would say that he his a country dog and that is par for the course, but we don't quite see it that way.

That's it for this week's blog.  I hope you enjoy the video and the accompanying music.  Have a great week!






1 comment:

  1. The video is great. Must be really neat to have your own family of deers visiting. They look quite young. Very cute. This week is supposed to be nice, but next Saturday, they are saying the high will only be 3 C. Even though I love winter, I am really wanting it to be spring now. Take care and have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete