Pageviews l

Sunday 3 February 2013

Super Sunday

If you are a football lover like Russell, tonight will be a great night.  If you are not, like me, then you will settle for something else, like reading a book or listening to music.  Either way, we will have a good night and I do plan on watching the half time show just for the fun of it.

Superbowl weekend is usually an excuse for people to indulge a little.  We are no different.  Last night we had chicken wings for dinner but...they were baked not fried and they were yummy.  Today, we went for a nice walk and burnt off a wing or two.....I also decided to indulge myself by posting some pictures of Cooper that Russell took today.  What can I say, I happen to think that he is such a good looking dog.  He is also such a poser and Russell loves taking pictures of him.  Besides, at this point, I have no other pictures to include in my blog so Coop pictures are better than no pictures at all!

This past week was quiet.  The weather was crazy to say the least. On Tuesday night, it poured rain and we had thunder.  We woke up Wednesday to rain and grass.  We could not believe that all the snow had melted overnight.  On Friday, we got 10 centimetres of snow, so we're back to Winter.  But, according to Wiarton Willy and Punxsutawny Phil, we will have an early Spring.  I have no doubt that their predictions are spot on....

This coming week will be busy.  Russell and I will be going to Montreal for a few days while Cooper stays at Camp Talemaker.  I will be visiting my mom at the rehab centre and will even attend some of her physio sessions.  She is making very good progress and is quite proud of herself.  My dad continues to visit her daily and even brings her some meals from time to time.  The food at the rehab centre is really no different than hospital food so having a few home made meals once in a while is a treat for her.  I will bring her a lemon loaf that I made today.  Russell will also be spending time with his mom. We will miss the Coop a whole lot but we know he will be having a grand old time as usual.




I wish you all a very good week.  Enjoy the game tonight or whatever else you are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures. Russell does a great job. Hope you have a great time in Montreal. I love lemon loaf too. My Mom used to make it all the time. I agree it has been a weird winter so far. Even though I love winter, I think I will Like spring this year. I saw the article in the magazine last week. Lovely home you have, just beautiful. Hope to get up and see you before winter ends. It has been so busy and the weather has not been good for us. Oh well, eventually. Take Care.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete