Pageviews l

Sunday 10 February 2013

Snow Diving

Snow diving is Cooper's new favorite sport.  He is quite good at it too!  He doesn't care about whether he gets snow balls on his coat or not.  It's all about the diving and playing in the snow.  The attached pictures were taken by Darlah on Friday during the big snow storm that hit the GTA.  Needless to say that Cooper had a great time at Camp Talemaker with his Havanese friends.

While Cooper was away, Russell and I spent three days in Montreal.  I visited with my mom and dad and Russell spent time with his mom.  My mom is doing remarkably well.  My dad and I spent some good quality time with her at the rehab centre.  I got to meet her nursing staff as well as some of her cohorts.  I also attended one of her physio sessions.  I was quite impressed by her progress. She is doing very well and even received permission to go home for the upcoming weekend.  Something to look forward to.  On Wednesday night, I made my dad one of his favorite italian pasta, spaghetti carbonara.  I think it was pretty good!  On Friday night, Russell and I had dinner out with his mom, my dad and brother.  It was nice to get together although it felt strange to be without my mom.  While in Montreal, Russell went shopping for a few bread books.  He wants to make bread.....I look forward to eating it :-)

We got home yesterday afternoon and we were happy to see that Huntsville didn't get as much snow as the GTA cities.  We only got about 10 cm of snow.  The weather today is quite nice and not cold at all.  After lunch, we went for a nice walk along Hunters Bay and we saw our first otter in the water.  It was quite something to see. The sun is much stronger now, as such we found ourselves getting quite warm while walking.  No complaints!

This coming week will be busy and festive at the same time.  Matt is scheduled to come over tomorrow to finish the carport and a few things in the house.  On Tuesday, it is Russell's birthday.  We plan on having lunch at a nice restaurant in Huntsville.  Cooper will be at doggie day care for a good part of that day. We will have a nice relaxing dinner at home.  You will have to wait until next week's blog to find out what we are getting Russell for his birthday.  On Valentines Day, Cooper will be going to the groomer for a bath.  I will make a special dinner, not sure what yet.

So, I want to say that Spring is just around the corner but I'm afraid to jinx it....the days are definitely getting longer and the sunset is quite beautiful to watch at this time of year.  The forecast for this week is a mixture of rain and snow.  I want to make a snowman very badly and see how Cooper reacts to it.  I hope to be able to make one tomorrow before the snow melts.  If I do, we will take a picture.

Wings away...Cooper is flying through the snow!

Catch me if you can.....a fav Hav pass time.

Tag you are it....
That does it for this week's blog.  I wish you all a great week and a Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment