Pageviews l

Sunday 24 February 2013

February blahs anyone?

This is my last post for February and I'm happy about it... happy about February ending soon that is. Like many people, we are starting to get itchy for Spring.  Although Winter in Huntsville has not been that bad (so far anyway), it is winter just the same and whether you live in Huntsville or elsewhere in Canada where there is true winter,  we are reaching a point where we long for warmer temperatures and more sunshine.  So, there you have it.  We have the February blahs.  March is fast approaching and I hope it brings lots of sunshine and a complete meltdown.

This blog will be short as we haven't done much in the past week and not much is happening in Huntsville these days.  Russell and I had lunch at the Mill on Main last Wednesday.  It is an "OK" restaurant for lunch and we had been there before.  We got there at 12:15 and we were the only people there.  I actually felt bad for the young woman who served us. Huntsville does get quiet during the Winter as many people go South and many stores close for a few months or have Winter hours.  I've heard of Summer hours before but I had never heard of Winter hours until recently......

Cooper doesn't seem to suffer from the February blahs.  He goes along with whatever is going on inside or outside and he is truly a happy dog.  From time to time, he develops new habits:  his latest one since last week is that he puts his paws on my leg as I read the news on my laptop in the morning.  I have indulged him on a few occasions and picked him up......how can I not resist those little eyes saying "please can I sit on your lap mommy just for a few minutes".  Ahh, the many joys of having a dog.

So, this week marks the end of February and the beginning of March.  We look forward to a brand new season starting soon.  On that note, my mom will be ending the month of February in her own house.  She is returning home permanently this coming Tuesday,  a little over two months since she went to the hospital on December 23.  She is looking forward to it, so is my dad.  She will continue her rehab as an outpatient but the fact that she will be home will do her a world of good.

I always like to post a picture or two with my blog.  This one was taken by Russell a few weeks ago.  Our house, from a different view.  We were driving along Vernon Reach, about 4 km from where we live,  and we looked up and there was our house. Kind of cool.

31 Forest Hill Lane....a different perspective.
I wish you all a good week. If you have the February blahs, they will go away very soon!


1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to Spring as well. However, I am not looking forward to the mud and I know the dog will really miss the snow. Change is good though. I can take them for longer walks and I know they will love that.
    I am so happy to see that your Mom is doing os well. So nice to be going home. She sounds like an amazing women.
    The house looks great. You must have a great view from up there.
    Take care, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete