Pageviews l

Sunday 26 November 2023

Christmas Treasures 2023

Happy Sunday everyone! We woke up to mild and sunny weather. Not a bad way to end the month of November. This coming week looks decent.

This past week was good and quiet. Our pooches had a couple of walks then the weather got wet, damp and windy.  Cooper continues to do well. Spicy is doing good although she's been under the weather for a few days. Russell and I were reflecting yesterday on how different our duo is growing old. Coop has a very sick heart and is still full of life. Outwardly, he looks totally healthy. Spicy, on the other hand, is showing some signs of slowing down, despite her heart condition being very stable. She doesn't have a spring in her step like she used to and her eyes are not as sparkly. Despite this, she perks up when I get the snuffle mats out. It's an activity that they both truly enjoy and we indulge them. Each day with them is a gift.

I haven't put up our Christmas tree nor have I started baking. I don't quite have that Holiday spirit in me yet but it will come. I did buy our 2023 Family Christmas ornaments. We call them our little treasures. They will be added to our "doggie" tree.  I also got Coop and the Spice girl a new snuffle mat for Christmas. It came yesterday. They say Christmas is for children...we say it's for our pooches 🎄💝

Russell and I are doing well although we are not getting the best sleep. We now find ourselves having a quick power nap in the afternoon. It helps recharge the battery. We both had a pedicure last week, a little pampering also helps.

Not much else is happening. It's hard to believe that November is coming to an end. Christmas Eve is four weeks away. I better get my act together. 

That's my blog for this week. I leave you with a few pics that I captured last week and one of our little Christmas treasures. Have a great week everyone!


The Duncan Family Christmas ornaments 2023.


The duo catching a pre-breakfast snooze...it is 
a pampered dog's life.


Spicy in post-breakfast nap mode on her sofa!


Holding vigil is a ritual, a routine, their duty -
 they keep us safe from Prime, Fedex,
Canada Post, intruders and
squirrels.


No comments:

Post a Comment