Pageviews l

Sunday 18 June 2023

Celebrating all Dads!

Happy Sunday everyone and Happy Father's Day to all dads out there! A heartfelt loving wish to our Russell, the best human daddy Cooper and Spicy could ever have! Thank you for all you do for our pooches. On this day, we also think about our own dads who are no longer with us. Russell's dad left us in 2001, mine in 2018. They are always in our hearts 💗

This past week was rather quiet. I woke up to a sore tooth on Monday. I was able to see my dentist that afternoon. Sure enough, an infection was brewing. Dr. Korman sent me home with antibiotics and booked a root canal for Thursday. I woke up Tuesday with the left side of my face all swollen. This lasted well into late Wednesday night. Then, the antibiotics started kicking in and the swelling was down by the time I had the root canal. The procedure went very well, four canals in total, with hardly any freezing at all.  I go back Tuesday morning for the final part of the procedure. The worse is behind me. I can't thank my dentist enough for finding the time in his fully booked schedule to get it all done before he goes on vacation on Thursday. I have so much faith in him that I didn't want this to be done by anyone else and I told him so.

With the root canal behind me, I was able to fully enjoy the rest of our week, especially Friday. We had the pleasure of having two great people that live in our community over for lunch. We met them a while back "virtually". It was nice to finally be able to chat in person. We shared some great stories, had some good laughs and they got to meet Cooper and Spicy. It was a lovely afternoon. Russell cooked planked salmon on the barbecue. It was delicious. 

Cooper and Spicy are doing well. Coop has regained most of his appetite although he doesn't chow down like he used to. Food is not "his thing" anymore but he's eating more and that's what matters. We transitioned him to the new kibbles that Dr. Javard recommended and he appears to like it.  His weight is up by 0.4 lbs. That's good news. He seems to have more energy although he sleeps more than before. Then again, all dogs sleep more as they age. His nocturnal "peeing" outing caused by the diuretics is more predictable:  at bed time, which we try to do around 10:00, then 2:00 am and 5:15 am. Russell takes the 2 am shift and I have the 5:15 shift which includes a pill. This is now our routine and we are used to it. Spicy sleeps through it all 😊

Summer comes on Wednesday and will bring warmer weather. It's been cooler the past few days but we are enjoying our time on the deck regardless of the weather. We had our first thunderstorm of the season on Thursday. Spicy developed a dislike for thunderstorms last Summer. Since then, she has become deaf in one ear, so thunder seems to no longer be an issue for our little girl. Bonus!

The weather is looking fantastic for our Havanese get together on Friday. We all look forward to this reunion which is overdue. I'm sure that our friend Lillian will be watching us from up above. 

That's the last blog of Spring 2023. I wish you all a great week and a wonderful Summer!


Cooper and Spicy want to wish
Happy Father's Day to their human daddy and 
all fathers.

Happy Father's Day to my dad, we know 
you watch over us all the time. We 
love and miss you always.


Happy Father's Day dad, you left us in 2001 and
we think of you daily with love and fondness.


Cooper relaxing in his most 
majestic pose in the backyard.


Spicy and Cooper want to know what o'clock it 
is: treat o'clock, pill o'clock or dinner o'clock!?


The duo ever ready at the BBQ buddy station
looking for a taste.


Spicy on her chair at the table,
looking regal and ready for whatever
comes her way.


No comments:

Post a Comment