Pageviews l

Sunday 22 January 2023

Longer and brighter days

Happy Sunday everyone! It's 9:30 am and I'm writing my blog while keeping an eye on some delicious polpettes, aka Italian meatballs, simmering in a tomato sauce. It's a David Rocco recipe and they will simmer for three hours. That's our dinner for tonight with a Cacio e Pepe salad. Our pooches have just been groomed, teeth and ears cleaned. They are ready for their day!

This past week was good and quiet. We had a few sunny days and a couple of walks. I got a few workouts in myself and it felt good. We have noticed how much longer and brighter the days are. When we take Cooper and Spicy out after their dinner at around 5 pm, we no longer need to turn on the outside lights. That is proof right there!

On Monday morning, we woke up to the sad news that our neighbour's beautiful dog Max had passed away the previous night. We saw Max when we went to Paul and Marie's house a few weeks ago, so grateful for those memories of him.  He was a beautiful and kind dog with soulful eyes, not a mean bone in his body. Cooper and Spicy got to meet him on a few occasions during walks but they mainly got to greet Max through the fence. He had the most joyful bark. He will be truly missed by Paul, Marie, their two sons and everyone who knew him.

Not much else is going on with us. This time of year is always kind of quiet. We are starting to get excited about our trip to Italy end of April. I'm starting to think about what clothes to bring.  I may have to buy one or two things.  Since I absolutely hate shopping, this could be quite the process.

Our Montreal HABS have been struggling lately. They are in a complete rebuild mode so the true fans are not expecting miracles this year...but last night's win against the Toronto Maple Leafs was very sweet. It couldn't have come at a better time, having found out in the morning that Cole Caufield will be out for the rest of the season due to injury. They needed that win, if only to lift their spirits. I went to bed with a big smile on my face 😊

Football season is coming to an end soon. Russell will be watching the two games today. It gets very exciting at this time of year. I even find myself interested.

That's about it for today's blog. Our pooches are giving me the look now...when are we playing mommy? I will go downstairs with them and figure out something to do. We did some fun exercises last week. Today, I may bring out the cones and come up with an obstacle course. I leave you with some random pics of our pooches and two of dear Max. Have a great week everyone!


Spicy and Cooper on the BOSU ready for another
round of exercises.


Spicy on the sofa with her chew, she carries it
from the bedroom after her mid day nap
with her Daddy.


Cooper in his 'play bow' pose ready for some
fun!


The dynamic duo in a quiet moment
with new paths cleared of snow -
thanks Mom.


Cooper loves to dig in the bed 
after his dinner.


Spicy has that 'you talking to me'
look.

Max had the most soulful 
eyes and the sweetest
personality.


RIP sweet Max.



No comments:

Post a Comment