Pageviews l

Sunday 29 January 2023

Five years ago today

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday!

Today, I remember my dad who left us so unexpectedly five years ago on this date. I think of him always but he's been in my thoughts more lately. His passing came as such a blow to all of us, most of all to my mom who was in palliative care at the time. It wasn't supposed to happen that way but I always say that things happen for a reason. Knowing that my mom was so ill, my dad's heart was truly broken. He would have been lost without her.  Mom joined dad in heaven five weeks later and they were reunited. 

Russell and I moved back to Quebec in 2016 for a myriad of reasons. I am ever so grateful that we did and that I had the chance to spend more quality time with my parents, living so close to them. The memories I have from those times will be forever cherished. 

Dad loved our pooches. He met Spicy for the first time when we got her in 2017. He thought she was the sweetest little girl. He met Cooper when we got him 12 years ago and both developed a special relationship over the years. Whenever dad would visit, Cooper couldn't wait to jump on his lap and shower him with kisses. Russell used to say that Coop was obsessed with my dad, he was right! It was very heartwarming to watch.

So, on this Sunday, we think of Dad, papa, Larry. The years go by but we never forget. We miss you always 💗

Have a great week everyone!


The bond between Father and Daughter is very
special and this moment captured it perfectly.
Miss you Dad...loved always and never forgotten.


Cooper always had extra kisses for Larry...in
fact, the Coop was obsessed with Dad.


Spicy knew how to love Dad up
and he enjoyed every second of 
her love, cuddles, and kisses.


Cooper and Dad...a bromance
that will persist for all time!

3 comments:

  1. Heartwarming comments that show the importance of a strong family bond. Thanks for sharing yours Ann. Richard G.

    ReplyDelete