Pageviews l

Sunday 11 December 2022

Will it be a white Christmas?

Happy Sunday to all! It's kind of a dull day, cloudy, a little on the cool side although lots of sunshine on the way this week. Not sure if we will have a white Christmas or not....I read somewhere that we might get some wet snow next weekend. Will it stay until the big day? Time will tell. Either way, Christmas will happen on schedule, two weeks from today folks!

This past week was good. I got all my baking done.  Russell was kind enough to taste each batch. Some are on the counter top in a cookie tin, some are in the freezer. I've had a few myself and they are delicious. On Thursday, I also made a batch of Speculoos cookies. Since I wanted to follow the recipe to the letter, I ordered the Belgium Candi Sugar on Amazon as well as a ravioli cutter to make perfect thin square cookies. They turned out so good, crisp, not too sweet and nicely spiced. A repeat next year! Yesterday, I made a batch of my mom's Cheddar Cookies, made with the good old McLaren's Imperial Cold Pack Cheese. The dough is in the freezer and I will bake them on Christmas morning. They will make for a nice little nibble when our family arrives. 

Cooper & Spicy are doing well. They are getting quite proficient with their puzzles. Both now truly expect to either snuffle or puzzle in the morning. I usually indulge them but I've been varying the timing just to throw them off a little bit 😂They also enjoy the Christmas tree, especially when it is lit up. We often find Spicy napping near it. 

On Thursday, Russell was out in the backyard with his drone. He's been practicing lift offs and landings and getting very good at it. He is looking forward to launching the drone in a larger area, probably somewhere in Baie-D'urfe, further away from the airport, where it's allowed. The weather has to be mild though as the battery drains too fast in cold weather. 

Not much on the go this week other than both of us are getting a Christmas pedicure. It's always nice to pamper those little feet.

That's my blog for today. I hope you have a wonderful week!


Cooper and Spicy inspected the 
tree and it met with their approval!


Chilling on a lazy Sunday...waiting for whatever
comes their way!

Spicy loves to nap under the tree,
she truly is a gift!

The Christmas stockings have been hung
with care....

Cooper on Christmas cookie 
baking patrol...hoping for a few
crumbs, such a cutie pie!

Aerial view of our house from about 50 feet up,
our roof is looking good.


Looking South toward Lake St. Louis.

Coming in for a landing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment