Pageviews l

Sunday 18 December 2022

The dream of a white Christmas has arrived

Happy Sunday everyone! Here we are,  one week away from Christmas and four months away from our trip to Italy. Time is just flying by folks! Very soon, the days will start getting longer and brighter. 

The four of us had a good week. Russell and I both had a Christmas pedicure, I chose Orly's Purple Crush polish. Very pretty and festive. Russell had a hot paraffin wax treatment. He has such beautiful feet and toes! On Friday, we got our first real snow of the season and a good chunk of the accumulation came during the night and into Saturday morning. This is probably the heaviest snow I've ever had to shovel....it was actually so heavy that I had to use our sleigh shovel to push it. There was no lifting it...this is what I call heart attack snow and I took my time....all for the love of our pooches 💗 Thank goodness we have a snow service for our driveway. 

I have to say it is very scenic with the snow on all the trees and shrubs. Russell took a few photos. For a very brief moment this morning, we had a pink sky and Russell was quick to capture it with his camera. It was simply beautiful! So, a white Christmas it will be 🎄

This coming week will be busy with appointments and errands. We both have our dental cleaning on Tuesday morning then a haircut for me in the afternoon. On Wednesday, Cooper & Spicy have an appointment with their cardiologist for their annual echocardiogram. We are hoping that their Mitral Valve Disease is stable and that their meds are working as they should. Fingers crossed.  On Friday, Russell will give the pooches a Christmas bath...they have to smell good for Santa!

I have to get my act together and make a list of "things to do" for our Christmas weekend. First thing on the list will be to thaw the turkey on Friday, to be cooked on Sunday.  Russell is already salivating just thinking about it 😋Our Christmas Eve dinner will consist of French Onion Soup, with some nice bread and cheese. I will also be baking a Guinness gingerbread cake for Christmas dinner.  Last but not least, I am planning a Christmas morning surprise for the Coop & the Spice girl. Always have to make time for the important things in life 😍

That's my blog for today. In a few minutes, I will go outside and clean up the snow paths for the doggies. The snow is lighter so it will be easier. This afternoon, while Russell watches football, I will watch the movie The Holiday. It's a chick flick that always brings a smile to my face. It's been a yearly tradition for me for three years now, I never get tired of it. 

Have a great week everyone! 


For a very brief moment, the sky was radiant with
colour against snow covered Tamaracks in
the backyard!

The crabapple draped in snow.


Spicy and Cooper look like they are in 
slow motion as they romp through the new
snow.

Spicy looks back at me as if to say, thanks
for clearing the snow paths so I can do
my business!

The picture of complete relaxation and security
by the Christmas tree.


Cooper enjoys his favorite spots...
here, he is keeping an eye on
Santa Claus.


Peek-a- boo!

Russell trying on new hair or is it
Cooper giving him a head massage.


No comments:

Post a Comment