Pageviews l

Sunday 6 November 2022

Glorious November weather

Good morning and happy Sunday everyone! We woke up today to a warm 18 celsius, pretty mild for this time of year. This past week gave us another good stretch of beautiful weather, especially the past few days. We've enjoyed every minute of it. 

All is good with us. Our week started off with Halloween and it was a successful night for the little goblins. Our set up was such that no one came to the front door (less disruptive for our pooches) and it was a "help yourself to a treat bag" kind of night. We watched it all from our dining room window and interacted with the kids and their parents. Cooper & Spicy were very quiet and enjoyed taking turns watching it all perched on Russell's knees.

On Thursday, I had a routine colonoscopy.  All went well and I was very impressed with the clinic, the staff and the doctor. As everyone always says, the prep is worse than the test itself but it makes for a good purge 😂I had my first colonoscopy when I turned 50, so 14 years ago. I was due again a few years ago but kept putting off, with COVID and all. I'm glad I had it done. A procedure well worth having.

A few weeks ago, while on a walk, we met a man who was flying a drone. When we got home, Russell remembered that he got one while we lived in Huntsville, a DJI Mavic Air. It was tucked away somewhere in the basement. That got him thinking that he should fly it. In order to do so legally, one has to have a drone pilot license. So Russell studied and got his Transport Canada Pilot Certificate last Friday for a Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), Visual line-of-sight (VLOS). Pretty cool. Now the fun begins!

Russell and I finished the last of our Fall cleanup. Anytime Mr. Winter wants to make an entrance, we're ready...although it doesn't have to be just yet 😏

Tomorrow I get my 5th COVID booster. On Wednesday, I will meet an old friend from Orange Theory Fitness. We used to be gym buddies at OT and haven't seen each other since the start of the pandemic, although we've been in touch. It will be nice to see her again. 

That's my blog for this week. My brother is coming for lunch today. Then Russell will watch football, the pooches will roam around the house and I will watch a few episodes of Downton Abbey...yep, last week I decided to watch the series all over again. I needed a "feel good" series and it's as if I'm watching it for the first time. So so good!

I leave you with a few pics from Halloween, a few photos that Russell took of our still beautiful Fall colours right at home and our Halloween morning sunrise. Have a great week everyone!


The golden yellow of the larch set against the 
brilliant blue Fall sky!

Our Japanese cut leaf maple, stunning red!


Halloween morning sunrise from the kitchen 
window...amazing pastel colours.


November Al fresco dining for the pooches, love it.


Ready and waiting for the Halloween goblins!


The trick or treat station...help 
yourself and enjoy!


Cooper and Russell checking out 
the first batch of kiddies

Spicy loved her view of the little 
goblins.


Our next door neighbours made the stop for
some treats with Henry and he politely
took a treat. Freddy, his little brother, was sound
asleep in his father's arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment