Pageviews l

Sunday 18 September 2022

So long Summer 2022!

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a cloudy, rainy, cool day for us. The perfect day to watch a couple of NFL games and read a good book. Cooper & Spicy will have to decide who to spend time with...just kidding, we know how it will turn out....Spicy will cuddle on her blanket in the TV room with Russell. Cooper will be with me either on the deck or in the living room...you know why? Because I'm the treat giver and Cooper always stays close to the treat giver .... he will be waiting for their 3 pm snack 😍Gotta love these two munchkins!

This past week was good. I had my knees x-rayed. I should get the results in a few days and will take it from there. We had a few good walks with the pooches. We noticed how the leaves are starting to change. There is no denying it, Fall is around the corner. We had a great Summer and it went by way too fast. 

On Friday, I went to our local market and bought some delicious Honey Crisp apples. I also bought a new squash, Orangetti, similar to spaghetti squash but apparently sweeter and tastier. I will try it this week. I also got some leeks and broccoli to make soup this week. Yep, 'tis soup time! I like making soup and I make very good ones, most of them without a recipe, using whatever I have in the fridge, pureed or chunky. Russell likes it both ways. 

After weeks of deliberation, we decided to go back to Italy in 2023. What can I say, Italy is close to our hearts. We already have many wonderful Italian memories from previous trips and we look forward to making new ones. Our last visit to Italy was in 2018 for my 60th birthday. We will be going back for another milestone...you can do the math 😂We are planning to go towards the end of April, just 7 months away. Let's get through Fall and Winter first though!

Now that a new season is on our door step, I'm slowly changing my way of cooking. Although there are things that we eat all year long, I am somewhat of a seasonal cook. This morning, I braised a beef blade roast with lots of vegetables for three hours. I then shredded the meat, mixed in all the cooked veggies and topped everything with a parsnip/potato mash...yummy dinner for tonight. You wouldn't get me to make that in the middle of Summer.

That's my blog for today. Have a great week everyone and Happy Fall!


Spicy and Cooper saying goodbye to Summer,
 excited to see the Fall season and all those leaves!

Double deck duty on a slow day.

Spicy and her shenanigans, always good for 
a laugh.

Double chew time...brand new chews.


A festive Fall planter for the back 
deck...nice splash of colour.


4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you follow him already, but I recently discovered Jacques Pepin. He posts his cooking videos on FB and I am thoroughly enamored. Please search him if you have not watched him yet. Your dinner for tonight sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do follow,him, he’s amazing, his recipes are so simple yet they make so much sense. He’s been around for so long! It’s my first time replying to a blog comment so please let me know if you get this 😉

      Delete
    2. Hi Anne. Kim-Jaye here. I did not realize comments at end of blog were anonymous. Any leftovers from dinner last night?

      Delete
    3. Enough for two more meals, I like to cook in batches LOL! Have a great week Kim-Jaye!

      Delete