Pageviews l

Sunday 31 July 2022

T'was a crappy week

Hello everyone! We're enjoying the last few hours of July. It's a glorious Sunday, the way a Summer day should be. Hoping for at least three more months of this beautiful weather 🌞

This past week was crappy, to say the least. Last Sunday, Russell woke up feeling off. It turns out he had a pretty bad case of salmonella, as diagnosed by his doctor. Monday night into Tuesday were the worse moments. We're not 100% sure where he got it although we suspect the pub that we went to for my birthday. Unlikely it was from our home cooking given my obsession with cleanliness everywhere, especially with food prep. It's a moot point now. We've been to that restaurant many times and never had an issue. It's just one of those things. Needless to say I didn't do much fancy cooking last week. The first few days were basically a liquid diet then upgraded to the good old banana, white toast and rice diet. By Friday night, Russell was almost back to normal and had a small portion of simple pasta. All is good now. My lunch with Lise & Diane was cancelled as a result as I didn't want to leave Russell alone. We will do it some other time. 

I resumed my workouts last week after a six week break. It felt good to get back at it. My faithful workout buddies were by my side, cheering me on. 

Thursday afternoon, we had a strong thunderstorm. We stayed on the deck for a bit until the booms got too loud then went inside.  Cooper & Spicy were on high alert but quickly recovered once I got the snuffling mats out, the perfect distraction. To make things worse, we heard lots of fire trucks and the air was filled with wood burning smell. We found out later that night that a house,  just a few kilometers away, was struck by lightning. According to the news report, the house will most likely have to be demolished. It was built in 1959. It is a very scary thing. The owners are retired and were home at the time, luckily no one was injured.

That's my blog for today. Have a great week everyone! Goodbye July, Hello August!


My faithful workout buddies...
after 6 weeks, now back at it and they
did not miss a beat.

Hey, how is the view from up there!?


Spicy likes to tip toe her way along the flower
bed to get back to the comfort of the deck.


Peek-a-boo....see me now? Spicy loves her
cave bed.


Cooper is a good pillow for Spicy.


Yummy when you got salmonella in your tummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment